arpicade jamma sd card not booting

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: arpicade jamma sd card not booting

Post by dee2eR » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 am

Your picture is not centered horizontally, not even close. It's looks to be very far left, so much so the picture is wrapping around on the right... I'd start by adjusting the horizontal picture position.

The vertical doesn't look as out, but I can't really tell anything about the hold from a photo.

I'm still leaning to this being monitor adjustments, hopefully you have some luck with that.

Sawyer10702
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sawyer10702 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:17 pm

dee2er the picture is fine when i plug my Zaxxon board from cabinet but i have to readjust vertical and horizontal hold, when i plug in the jamma raspi board then i have to readjust. what are the raspi config files for medium resolution WG 4900 supose to be?? i downloaded the latest version 3x i thought this worked with 15khz input? i tried horizontal width coil but not much change in either direction. i was looking on peters arcadeparts and repair thinking i might need MC1009 caps they look a little old ive peplaced all other caps but been reading up on C308 3.3uf going to see if i did that one pretty sure i remember that being on paper work think it came extra with cap. thanks for the help thou i try looking in the WG trouble shooting stuff. not unless anyone else can chime in on Wells gardner 4900.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am

Low res 15k is the default ARpiCADE video setting.

There is no medium resolution setting for ARpiCADE currently. I had no idea Zaxxon was medium res, that would probably explains your issue. I'm not familar with WG monitors (we didn't really get them in Australia) but if it is dual res there may be a jumper on the chassis to set it to 15k.

Sawyer10702
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sawyer10702 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 pm

dee2eR wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 am
Low res 15k is the default ARpiCADE video setting.

There is no medium resolution setting for ARpiCADE currently. I had no idea Zaxxon was medium res, that would probably explains your issue. I'm not familar with WG monitors (we didn't really get them in Australia) but if it is dual res there may be a jumper on the chassis to set it to 15k.
ok well that bloody explains it! thanks for giving me my answer... and thank you for all your help! i dont think its a dual resolution monitor ive tryed all the jumpers thjat ther is on the WG chassis so thats why its way out no matter what i adjust. maybe ill try it in my leathal enforcers cabinet i think thats a hi resolution monitor just for kicks and giggles.
of the subject i have relatives in australia, my second cousin from a band called Bucks Fizz maybe your to young to remember them..anyhow hope to chat soon with something else ive ballsed up! lol

Cheers and hope your all good there be safe!
Danny

Sawyer10702
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sawyer10702 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:22 pm

no luck on the leathal enforcers WG 25k7184 its also a medium resolution, so my next question i have another monitor that is RGB can i just unplug black hdmi black converter box and plug in another RGB plug into the RGB looks like a male, so i would have to get an adapter to make it a female? cause the cord i have on monitor are both male ends, will that work then on a hi resoluton sony monitor??

cymaltek
Community Member
Community Member

Post by cymaltek » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Zaxxon is not a medium resolution game