Best UI and how to remove game?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

MrNewVegas
Community Member
Community Member

Best UI and how to remove game?

Post by MrNewVegas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:43 am

Hi!

I just received my setup from HighScoreSaves. Plugged it in and it works great!

My problems are finding games. I picked the NeoGeo UI from HSS. It takes forever to get through the list to find games as well as the images used are stretched and blurry. Is there a text only option with a video of gameplay?

On top of that is there a way to remove some games to speed up the searching process?

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Best UI and how to remove game?

Post by dee2eR » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:26 am

I'm not familiar with the Neo-Geo build as far as I know so this may or may not be that helpful.

If you haven't already done so make a backup image of the SD card before going any further, that way if you happen to break something or make a change you can't figure out you have an easy way to restore your SD card.

You can remove the games you don't want by deleting them using your PC, copy the roms to your PC if you may want them later. Make sure when you are finished you eject/safely remove/unmount the SD card before unplugging it. Once you have removed the roms you don't want the roms can be rescanned from the service menu (I assume the start up scan is switched off, this step isn't needed if it is scanning at startup), the service menu can be reached from the game select menu by pressing either 'service' in your cab (if it has the service button) or 'f4' on a keyboard (possibly 'esc' if it's based on an older build). Once the scan is done select reboot and you should be done.

There should be different menu themes that can be used. From the game select menu press 'test' (cab) or 'tab' (keyboard) to access the setup menus for the frontend. The frontend is called Attract-Mode, it's got tonnes of stuff it can do, there's a few themes installed on ARpiCADE by default, I assume you should have some other options installed.

You can also set up the controls in Attract-Mode so pressing right/left (or up/down depending on how the theme is setup) skips to the next page or letter of the gamelist to speed up searching for games. It's set like that by default in ARpiCADE but depending on the theme in use on your custom build it may have been changed.

MrNewVegas
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Best UI and how to remove game?

Post by MrNewVegas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Awesome thanks for the help!