4 player cabinet question.

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

Sk8ersublime
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

4 player cabinet question.

Post by Sk8ersublime » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am about to pull the trigger on grabbing the 4 player kit for my TMNT cabinet. I see the description says I can use a 3B or a 3B+. I only have a 3B currently will that work? Because I see something else that says only 3B+. I just want to confirm.

Also, are there any plans for Pi4? I might just wait it out if that is the case.

What is the current version of software for the 4 player available to download if I want to install my own image.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: 4 player cabinet question.

Post by dee2eR » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 am

Any RPi 2 or 3 variation will work with the current version (or even the previous couple of releases) of the ARpiCADE software, your 3B will do just fine.

The latest version of ARpiCADE is 3.9 as of writing this, it can be found in the software releases section of this forum. To set it to 4 player mode there is an option in the service menu.

There are multiple hold ups for good Pi4 software, particularly for low res use. At the moment I wouldn't hold my breath for Pi4. I still take a look at it occasionally, even had another go this week (I may try a few more ideas this week too), but software support for it is not there yet. It's not just me either, to my knowledge there isn't a RetroPie or Recalbox release for Pi4 yet. The new Video Core 6 still doesn't have what I would consider a usable driver for low res. If there is ever the right software to control it the Pi4 hardware will be good, until then it's not ready for cab use. Unfortunately the new video chip works a bit differently to the VC4 used in all previous RPi models (a Pi3.5 with the new CPU and the old GPU would be great... but it's fantasy only).

Sk8ersublime
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: 4 player cabinet question.

Post by Sk8ersublime » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:48 am

Great! Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to make sure :)