Using arpicade on 25 inch WG K7000 in Mortal Kombat 2 cab.

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

electrichijinxs
Community Member
Community Member

Using arpicade on 25 inch WG K7000 in Mortal Kombat 2 cab.

Post by electrichijinxs » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Brand new to the forum and I have a question, Can I configure the "Arpicade" to run vertical games on a horizantal monitor?

I would like the same front end loader menu as the ArcadeSD, but with games like Street Fighter 2,Mortal Kombat and including games games like Donkey Kong and PacMan as well.

I'm using a Mortal Kombat 2 cab with a 25 inch horizantal mount K7000 CRT monitor.

Suggestions and info would be great.
Thanks.

electrichijinxs
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Using arpicade on 25 inch WG K7000 in Mortal Kombat 2 cab.

Post by electrichijinxs » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:57 pm

I should also ask, is there room on the arpicade's JAMMA harness input for the extra "kick buttons" that would be required for games like Street Fighter 2, or would I need something like an IPAC as well?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:43 am

you can have 6 buttons on the JAMMA edge if you want, or regular JAMMA with a kick harness - RaspberryJAMMA supports either config. If you wanted more buttons than supported by RaspberryJAMMA alone I would recommend the 4 player adaptor add-on (I don't think anyone would need the total available buttons provided by the four player adaptor and the RaspberryJAMMA combined - your control panel would be ridiculous looking if nothing else...)

having a mix of horizontal and vertical games isn't an issue at all.
eg. (Based solely on the default config) if you have MK2, SF2 and Donkey Kong on the SD card the system would boot in 480i for the most screen real estate for the menu, if you ran MK2 the system would swap to 256p for MK2 then back to 480i when you return to the menu, if you then ran DK the system would stay in 480i and display the game with black bars up the edges to approximate a vertical orientation etc.etc. it's about as flexible as it gets. (if you don't like 480i you can force the system to only use non interlaced low res too - however you will find most vertical games on a horizontal monitor will need more than the 240 to 288 lines available non interlaced to display the whole picture)

There's a few different versions of the Arcade SD theme for Attract-Mode (the frontend in use in ARpiCADE), at least some of the versions of that theme can be run in horizontal or vertical orientation.

emperormax
Community Member
Community Member

Post by emperormax » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:35 am

If having a mix of horizontal and vertical games isn't an issue, then why does HSS sell either vertical OR horizontal images? Why doesn't he offer a mix of both?

Max

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:59 am

Can't really speak for HSS (I'm not part of HSS), but I think maybe you're confusing the games orientation with the cabs monitor mounting orientation.