Jamma Conversion Possibilities

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

red732
Observer
Observer

Jamma Conversion Possibilities

Post by red732 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 pm

I just found out about this product and had a question. I have a Operation Thunderbolt arcade and would love it if I could make a Taito G-Connector to JAMMA conversion harness that would allow me to possibly swap the original board out with the arpicade solution. Would this be possible or am I missing the way this works?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Jamma Conversion Possibilities

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Did Operation Thunderbolt use analog joysticks as guns? If the original controls were analog there's not a easy way to convert to JAMMA controls as the JAMMA standard only covers digital inputs. Looking here: https://www.arcade-museum.com/pinouts-game/8925.html I'm not sure offhand if it's analog or digital.

If it is analog controls you could use a USB converter to use the analog controls with the system.

If the inputs are digital, wiring them to JAMMA with an adaptor should work. Keep in mind the JAMMA standard has no way to control the gun shakers and only has mono sound (looks like your cab will be wired stereo but that should be adaptable too).