IPAC

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

emperormax
Community Member
Community Member

IPAC

Post by emperormax » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:40 am

I have a cabinet that I built to run MAME, and it doesn't have a JAMMA harness. I wired up the control panel through a keyboard encoder called IPAC and the IPAC has a USB cable that goes to the computer. Could I plug that in to the USB port on the Raspberry JAMMA, and would it work?
Related question, I have a USB spinner and a USB trackball that I also plugged in to the computer. Could I plug these in to the Raspberry JAMMA, and it would work?
Thanks,

Max

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: IPAC

Post by dee2eR » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 am

If you have a RaspberryJAMMA you would be better off soldering your button wiring to a JAMMA connector than trying to use an IPAC at the same time.

If you just want to use an IPAC and a RPi you can make it work but you will need to do some software configuring as the ARpiCADE software is set up for the RaspberryJAMMA. You would probably need to adjust the emulators inputs at minimum (some may work, depends on the original keyboard config of the emulator...), maybe the menu too. The ARpiCADE defaults are setup for joysticks, not keyboard encoder so it will be a mixed bag based on the defaults.

Your USB analog stuff should work, again some emulator config may be required. I only have a trackball, no spinner so out of the box some of it may work, depending on the particular emulator.