few issues with new ARPICADE

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

4ll5op
Community Member
Community Member

few issues with new ARPICADE

Post by 4ll5op » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:58 am

ok so i got my arpicade up and running but couple issues.
megadrive and master system roms dont load
and no sound working

can someone help please

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: few issues with new ARPICADE

Post by dee2eR » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:06 am

Do you have 12v running to the JAMMA edge? The audio amp runs off the 12v while the rest of the system runs on 5v. Otherwise, have you tried adjusting the volume pot on the RaspberryJAMMA? If neither of those help, is your cab wired standard JAMMA? Do you have a stereo amp in it?

For the Megadrive/Mastersystem it may just be a rom issue, hard to say for sure. (The roms will need to be unzipped & without spaces in the filenames) What version of the ARpiCADE software are you using? (I recommend 3.X) Also what resolution and rotation is the software setup for? It's possible there's a launchers issue or something I haven't noticed - I can check it out.

4ll5op
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 4ll5op » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:54 am

Thought I would reply here rather than email to help others.

It's version 3.X I have all NES,SNES, GAMEBOY COLOUR,GBA ROMs working
Master system unzipped with .sms and megadrive unzipped with .md

I only have the jamma powering the board as I thought I read using both will damage the board?
Resolution is set to 480i normal rotation.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:39 am

You only want JAMMA power, that is right. But JAMMA has 5v and 12v at the JAMMA edge (the actual JAMMA standard has -5v too but it's not used by RaspberryJAMMA).

It's probably a launcher issue, I didn't adjust the megadrive.sh launcher for the 3.X release in the same way I did most other Retroarch launchers due to it running both Megadrive (and 32x and MegaCD) and Mastersystem which each use different resolutions... A quick look at it I can see at least one thing that may be the issue (read on if you wan to give the fix a go, looks like one change should make it work again).

For a (hopefully) quick fix have a look in the file /boot/launchers/megadrive.sh, find this line
if [ $hdmimode == hdmi_mode=6 ] && [ $monitorMount == "#monitor_mount=1" ]; then
and change it to
if [ $hdmimode == hdmi_mode=6 ] && [ -f /boot/vert.txt ]; then
I'll post a new copy of the launcher tomorrow in the 3.X release thread.

4ll5op
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 4ll5op » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:55 am

Ok cool I'll give that a go at some point today.
Also I notice the little preview screen next to the ROM list doesn't show anything only static.
Is there something I need to do for that to work?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 am

probably no preview image for the game in /boot/previews/[relevant]/[folder]/[etc] adding one matched to the game name should fix it up.

4ll5op
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 4ll5op » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:04 am

oh ok i thought it shows the game playing rather than an image

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:57 am

It can play a video of the game playing if you put a video file in with the preview images but it doesn't actually have the game playing via emulation, just the video. If both video and image exist in the same folder the video should be used automatically.

4ll5op
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 4ll5op » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:40 pm

update

sound working fine
got some images working but renaming hundreds of images to match the rom name is going to take forever unless someone has another way.
Also with regards to the images they dont appear where the static is they appear underneath. im guessing the video appears where the static is?

the fix you suggested for the megadrive/master system didn't work unfortunately.
i opened the gameboy advance launcher and that line you mentioned is the same in there but that works fine.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:27 am

Not sure whats going on now... Megadrive is working for me but not Mastersystem.

I'm going to have to figure this out and get back to you.