Exit Game Hotkey

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

bikeboygv
Community Member
Community Member

Exit Game Hotkey

Post by bikeboygv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm

I just installed a new RaspberryJAMMA to replaces one of the Game Elf 412 units. I'm learning quit a bit and see the potential that a pi solution brings to gaming. My biggest challenge I'm having is with the exit game hot key and the coin key combo. 9 out of 10 times, I'm exiting the game when trying to add coins and it's very hard to add coins without starting a game. My unit has 1P and 2P start buttons, is there a way to modify the exit command to occur when I press both the 1P and 2P buttons at the same time? If not, has anyone found a better working solution? I'm trying to make this as "kid friendly" as possible.

Thanks for your help!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Exit Game Hotkey

Post by dee2eR » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

At the moment only player 1 controls can be used in the hotkeys, it's a limitation of how it's done.

I'd recommend making the hold time for P1 start to exit games longer if you find games are being exited accidentally. This can be done in /boot/hotkeys.ini

You may find using dedicated coin buttons (or coin mechs) works better for you than having a button combo shortcut to add credits.