Where do I plug in my monitor?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

JohnnyBoy
Community Member
Community Member

Where do I plug in my monitor?

Post by JohnnyBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi!

I have a game elf which has a vga port on it. I wanted to replace it with this arpicade. The arpicade does not seem to have a video port since the hdmi cable on the jamma board plugs in to the hdmi port on the rpi.

How does my monitor plug in to this?

Thanks!

John

JohnnyBoy
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Where do I plug in my monitor?

Post by JohnnyBoy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:26 pm

So I didnt think I could go usb to vga or usb to hdmi. But it seems like you can get these kinds of adaptors. If I do something like this on one of my usb ports should everything come together? Has anyone ever done this with a RaspberryJamma?

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 pm

I believe you have to unplug existing HDMI and get a HDMI to VGA adapter, there might be another setting to change but I cant remember. ArpiCade by default is made for arcade low resolutuion CRT monitors but can work on others with minor setting changes. Message Dee2er, he is the developer of this.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:19 am

Also replied to your email but essentially it's as @cool_factor says, you just need to unplug the DAC from the RaspberryJAMMA board and plug your VGA cable into the DAC directly.

You also want to edit config.txt to set the system into high res mode. Uncomment the high res option that is there and comment out the low res one.