Leaf switch buttons?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

kireol
Community Member
Community Member

Leaf switch buttons?

Post by kireol » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Is there a way to use the arpicade with a leaf switch?

I'm wanting to convert my ms pacman (with 60 in 1) over to arpicade. Ideally I'd like to add 3 buttons(and a trackball) that use leaf switches. But from what I'm reading arpicade wants USB inputs. I'm not sure how to go from leaf switch to USB.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Re: Leaf switch buttons?

Post by cool_factor » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:21 pm

Both my ArPicades are in actual arcade jamma wired cabinets. They are (push buttons) micro switches but leaf switches will work as well.

kireol
Community Member
Community Member

Post by kireol » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:35 pm

I'm trying to stay away from microswitches as they don't feel like a leaf switch.

How do I go from leaf switch to the raspberry pi?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 am

ARpiCADE is not setup for USB inputs. It's setup for JAMMA inputs via the RaspberryJAMMA RPi JAMMA adaptor. If you already have a JAMMA adaptor or modded the wiring to JAMMA for the 60in1 the RaspberryJAMMA would be a drop in replacement for the 60in1.

Leaf switch or micro switch makes no difference at all as far as the wiring and gameboard is concerned. They're effectively interchangeable and just a matter of taste (unless you're restoring something to original).

kireol
Community Member
Community Member

Post by kireol » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:18 pm

dee2eR wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 am
ARpiCADE is not setup for USB inputs. It's setup for JAMMA inputs via the RaspberryJAMMA RPi JAMMA adaptor. If you already have a JAMMA adaptor or modded the wiring to JAMMA for the 60in1 the RaspberryJAMMA would be a drop in replacement for the 60in1.

Leaf switch or micro switch makes no difference at all as far as the wiring and gameboard is concerned. They're effectively interchangeable and just a matter of taste (unless you're restoring something to original).
Ok.

This post of your says that it should work with USB. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1636#p5027

Did something change that ARpiCADE won't work with USB?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:43 pm

That thread is about trackballs and other USB devices, not JAMMA controls.