Just purchased Arpicade and nothing comes on at all

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

theDeezer
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Just purchased Arpicade and nothing comes on at all

Post by theDeezer » Thu May 27, 2021 6:25 pm

I was getting 5.1 with the board turned on. The Pi is still not booting even with the edge measuring 5.1v. After talking to Joe over at HSS yesterday - we basically found for some weird reason if I plug in a power cable to the Pi everything works as expected. It's almost as if the 5v isn't doing much at all to power the board. For now my dirty solution is just not relying on the 5v from the harness and powering the Pi from the wall. Everything seems to be working as expected this way.

Slam_Bradley
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Just purchased Arpicade and nothing comes on at all

Post by Slam_Bradley » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:19 am

theDeezer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:25 pm
we basically found for some weird reason if I plug in a power cable to the Pi everything works as expected. It's almost as if the 5v isn't doing much at all to power the board. For now my dirty solution is just not relying on the 5v from the harness and powering the Pi from the wall. Everything seems to be working as expected this way.
For some reason when I first got mine I thought I always had to do this myself as well. I just unplugged mine though after a lot of other tinkering and it works fine off the 5v from the JAMMA. :oops: