3 Player Game with 2 Player Raspberry JAMMA?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

DRDTbone
Community Member
Community Member

3 Player Game with 2 Player Raspberry JAMMA?

Post by DRDTbone » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:26 am

Good afternoon,
I have a Rampage cab that was converted to Pit Fighter. Rather than doing the full conversion back to Rampage right now, I'd like to stick a Pi in there with the Raspberry JAMMA. What I'm wondering is, can I buy the 2 player RJAMMA and then use a Reyan Zero Delay encoder (Basically joystick to USB plug) for adapting player 3? My thought is that if the Pi can support a key board with the 2 Player RJAMMA on it, then the encoder *should* work. Has anyone tried this or is there anyone that could do a test run on it that has both pieces of hardware (or similar)? It would make life easier for me because Player 1, Player 2 and everything else are already wired up through the JAMMA connector from when he converted it to PF.

Thanks!
Tony

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: 3 Player Game with 2 Player Raspberry JAMMA?

Post by dee2eR » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 am

It should work, but it would need to be set up in the software.

Other options include using the RaspberryJAMMA four player adaptor, or just repurposing unused inputs (*I think you would have enough inputs left on a 2 player board to get all the inputs for 3 players on a Rampage, maybe I'm wrong - I didn't add them up or anything).

DRDTbone
Community Member
Community Member

Re: 3 Player Game with 2 Player Raspberry JAMMA?

Post by DRDTbone » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Update: it works! You just have to go into each emulator and register the controls as if it was a joystick or keyboard. Easy peasy.
FB_IMG_1627670696848.jpg
FB_IMG_1627670696848.jpg (162.78 KiB) Viewed 2693 times