RaspberryJAMMA support Batocera?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

KenMasterz
Community Member
Community Member

RaspberryJAMMA support Batocera?

Post by KenMasterz » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:17 am

Total newbs and wondered if the RaspberryJAMMA hardware supports other OS than Arpicade like Batocera?
I should checkout Arpocade OS in the meantime though.. ;) But i'm definetly wanting to Jamma connect my Pi 3

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: RaspberryJAMMA support Batocera?

Post by dee2eR » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:49 am

You can use any Pi OS as long as you set it up for your cab (but I wouldn't really recommend it). You need to add/configure mk_arcade_joystick_rpi (or similar GPIO input driver) for the inputs and make sure the video output is suitable for your cabs monitor (and also won't change to something unsuitable when you launch games).

If you have a low res monitor I would recommend just using ARpiCADE as it's intended for low res arcade use. Most distros are intended for high res and a SNES or XBox pad.

As far as I know there are no other current images pre setup for RaspberryJAMMA. At various points over the years there have been versions of RetroPie and RecalBox released pre-modded for RaspberryJAMMA but I haven't seen one for a while.

KenMasterz
Community Member
Community Member

Re: RaspberryJAMMA support Batocera?

Post by KenMasterz » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:09 pm

yeah fair enough.. currently I've flashed my pi with batocera... But I'm not married to it.. I am restoring an old arcade with an old school low res CRT... done.. I'm buying from Sydney Australia.. says to contact you direct? should I email officially? very quick reply here.. your Aussie based too right?