Player controls shifted on 4 player

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

BradyScribbles
Community Member
Community Member

Player controls shifted on 4 player

Post by BradyScribbles » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi, just recently set up an arpicade 4 player in a TMNT cabinet. I'm fairly sure the wiring is all set up correctly, but I'm getting a strange thing. The player inputs are all shifted. For example, player 1 controls player 4, 2, controls 3, 3 controls 4. When I re-assign the buttons in the mame menu, even though the buttons register, nothing changes. Has anyone run into this before?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Player controls shifted on 4 player

Post by dee2eR » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:33 am

The MAME menu should be the way to reassign controls. If you were adjusting the controls using the all games option it may be you needed to also do the current game as in some MAME versions the current game isn't adjusted when adjusting the all games inputs.

If the wirnig in your cab is standard TMNT wiring it should be fine, the issue will be the MAME input setup. If you are not on the latest version of ARpiCADE for your Pi it may be worth trying the latest as it could already be set up right for you... not sure what version you're running etc.

If that doesn't help let me know, I'll be happy to try and figure out the issue.

BradyScribbles
Community Member
Community Member

Post by BradyScribbles » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:27 pm

Thank you, I was able to effectively make the changes with updating the current game controls, though each time I power up, they revert back. Is there something I'm missing trying to latch these in?

Also, how do I tell the version number I am running?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:44 am

When you make changes to the controls (or any other setting) it's a good idea to reboot or shutdown from the service menu before you turn off the cab, just to make sure the changes have been finalised on the SD card.

From the regular game selection menu press 'f4' or cab service button to access the ARpiCADE service menu.

There's often an ARpiCADE version number in the USER_GUIDE folder or the script run.sh however I don't always remember to update it and if you have gotten the software pre-setup from elsewhere it may or may not have been changed from standard anyway...