ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA ❤️

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

mtn360
Observer
Observer

ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA ❤️

Post by mtn360 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 am

I mentioned it to dee2eR before, but want to share my thoughts on ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA here as well. It's been an excellent experience all the way through. I bought my setup from dee2eR directly, where he pro-actively shared recommendations, general advice and what not right from the first email. Finding people on the net that are that friendly, knowledgable and open is not as common as somebody would like it to be.

Now, my first hours with ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA...

- Everything came prepared (I ordered the set including a RPi v2), so I just had to plug things in.. BOOM, nice clean boot-screen showed up, followed by attract-mode.
- For convenience, I've added a WLAN stick followed by those two commands:

Code: Select all

wpa_passphrase wifinetworkname password >> /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
touch /boot/ssh
(My WiFi USB stick doesn't seem to be on the module blacklist, as I didn't had to remove anything on that one)

- To prevent accidental exits, I raised the delay/timeout on the "Hold P1 start to exit" shortcut from 1.5s to 5s (that's an easy change hotkeys.ini .. You can't use P2 controls for hotkeys yet since the switch to xboxdrv)

Things I still need to figure out...

- wboy.zip is not showing up in attract-mode, but it does in AdvanceMENU. Maybe it's as easy as removing it from the 'hide' array? Gotta check if it's actually on there

Update: I just forgot to run the concat script:

Code: Select all

bash /boot/launchers/servMenu.sh carccons
- R-Type seems to have the wrong resolution being set automatically ... the beam bar at the bottom is almost entirely hidden / off-screen

- Hook things up to nggpofba / Fightcade (Likely impossible for now, as this seems to depend on things running on x86 Windows/Wine) .. I'll dig a bit deeper tho!

Update 20-10-17-1: This might actually work (likely slow) tho using something like ExaGear https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/.
Update 20-10-17-2: I acquired a license of ExaGear, just before I realised that I will need to repartition to free up more space for the root filesystem.. Not tonite tho :)

All together, it's been an amazing experience so far. I'll try to keep this post updated whenever I make progress or have new findings :)

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA ❤️

Post by dee2eR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I can help with R-type. R-Type should be running in the correct resolution but the picture is probably running off the screen vertically, you may need to adjust your monitor picture size a little. Most games run in 240 or 224 lines, R-Type and a few others use 256 or more so if the monitor is adjusted to the more common height some games will overscan the top and or bottom. On my PVM I have to press the overscan button to fully show anything with more than 240 lines as it doesn't have the height adjustment of an arcade monitor.

Interested to read anything you come up with re. Fightcade, I know there's a paid program similar to WINE on desktop Linux that can run Fix it Felix on RPi (I can't remember the details it's likely it's ExaGear as well).

TheFullMetalChicken
Community Member
Community Member

Re: ARpiCADE + RaspberryJAMMA ❤️

Post by TheFullMetalChicken » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:21 pm

Do you remeber how you installed Exgear? I'm looking to the do the same thing but am having issues with the install.

Thanks