Looking into a Arpicade.

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

Taggsta
Community Member
Community Member

Looking into a Arpicade.

Post by Taggsta » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:07 am

I’ve just picked up a Jamma lowboy and I’m keen to go the Pi to Jamma route instead of dedicated PCBs so I have a few questions….

I’m mainly looking to add Horizontal games like Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and also looking to add PC Engine Parasol Stars (I noticed the video of Parasol Stars running). With this in mind what Raspberry Pi would be best to get and what revision image should be used?

I’m in Melbourne, do you have any ArPicades in stock?

Thanks,
Sean.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Looking into a Arpicade.

Post by dee2eR » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi Sean,
For the games you listed a Pi3B+ will be great. If you also want to run the later Bubble Bobble games that originally were on the Taito F3 you may want to get a Pi4, the F3 games are very playable on a Pi3 but are better on a Pi4. If you don't care about the F3 games get a Pi3B+, the earlier version of the ARpiCADE software is better than the Pi4 version in some ways.

ARpiCADE 3.X is current for Pi3 and earlier, Pi4 uses the ARpiCADE 4 branch - I currently recommend 4.3 but it's not yet as polished as the older ARpiCADE for the earlier Pis.

I have hardware ready to go, freshly made in Melbourne. Email me via dee2er@arpicade.com for sales.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have or go into further details if you like.
Cheers,
D

Taggsta
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Looking into a Arpicade.

Post by Taggsta » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Awesome! Thank you. I will send you an email 👍