Having trouble with adding console games

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

BradyScribbles
Community Member
Community Member

Having trouble with adding console games

Post by BradyScribbles » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:24 am

I have gotten the 4 player arcade games to work great in my TMNT crt cabinet, and am now interested in adding NES support. I have added my own .nes ROMS to the Nintendo ROM folder. When I try to load a game it just says 'loading' then goes back to the menu. Where should I start with getting these to work?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Having trouble with adding console games

Post by dee2eR » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:17 am

Are there any spaces in the filenames for the nintendo roms? If so try renaming the games so any spaces in the filenames are underscores, eg. Super_Mario_Bros.nes, as spaces in the filenames can cause issues with the launcher script.

Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue is but we can probably figure it out with some more info... which version of ARpiCADE are you using?

BradyScribbles
Community Member
Community Member

Post by BradyScribbles » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:07 am

Removing the spaces did the trick. Thank you!

javedpcit
Observer
Observer

Post by javedpcit » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:38 pm

Firstly, make sure that the NES emulator is installed and properly configured on your cabinet. There are several NES emulators available, such as Nestopia and FCEUX, so be sure to choose one that is compatible with your cabinet.

Secondly, ensure that your ROMs are compatible with the emulator you have chosen. Some ROMs may not work with certain emulators, so you may need to try a few different ones until you find one that works. Also, make sure that your ROMs are not corrupted or incomplete, as this can cause loading issues.