Have this bartop without Jamma, can Arpicade work?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

macster70
Observer
Observer

Have this bartop without Jamma, can Arpicade work?

Post by macster70 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:02 am

I’ve just picked up one of these Pi bar tops from eBay for the specific purpose of running arpicade:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27486050417 ... media=COPY

However I’ve plugged the gpio connector inside the arcade unit into the Pi 3b and the controls seem messed up (joysticks going wrong way, most buttons don’t work or do the right thing.) I’m assuming this is because this isn’t a Jamma based arcade system. Would it be possible to configure this to work with this unit? If so any pointers where to start?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Have this bartop without Jamma, can Arpicade work?

Post by dee2eR » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:21 am

If I had to guess the GPIO wiring is probably different. You will need to either reassign the inputs in the various emulators you're using to match it OR adjust the 40 pin connector wiring to match the RaspberryJAMMA style. It's probably easiest to just open the panel and rewire the joystick and buttons at the joy/button end of the wiring (assuing the builder used crimp terminals and not solder...).