Wondering which version to buy?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

-Ace-
Observer
Observer

Wondering which version to buy?

Post by -Ace- » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Just found out about this unit while browsing the web the other day. My only question first is which version I would want to get from HighScoreSaves- they are offering (2) types of Arpicades- a Raspberry Pi Multicade jamma pcb adaptor for arcade multigame($144.99) and then a Raspberry pi jamma pcb adaptor for 3 or 4 player games($234.99). I see that the more expensive one already comes with a Pi unit attached, but I don't see what the difference is between the 2. I will ultimatly be putting the unit in a Vewlix cab with a converter for Jamma as these are JVS cabs. It also has a VGA monitor. Any help in direction?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Wondering which version to buy?

Post by dee2eR » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 am

You'd need to talk to HSS to be sure but it looks to me like the 4 player version isn't ready yet. If I was forced to guess I'd say the 4 player version has an extra board included to handle players 3 and 4. I do not think it's a case of one comes with a Pi or anything like that.

If you only need 2 players there's no need to have the 4 player option, if you want the 4 player support maybe contact HSS for more info. Maybe he'll reply to this thread as he is a member here but unless he happens to see the post there's no reason to think he will. Does your cab support 4 players?