RaspberryJAMMA and 4P cabinet

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

KecilScott
Community Member
Community Member

RaspberryJAMMA and 4P cabinet

Post by KecilScott » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am

Is there any way that RaspberryJAMMA could used in a configuration for a four player cabinet?
Looking to replace the old PS2 JPAC and iPAC setup in my 4P LAI cab and looking for a way to do so in a more user friendly, less power hungry and simpler way than the current WinXP setup

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: RaspberryJAMMA and 4P cabinet

Post by dee2eR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 am

you can run it in a 4 player cab if you use a Minipac/I-pac/whatever other USB controller for 2 of the players and run the other 2 off JAMMA via the RaspberryJAMMA.

In the case of your setup it could be as easy as removing the PC and J-pac (leave the I-pac in place), reconnect the JAMMA power supply (if disconnected for the PC) and plug in the RaspberryJAMMA to the JAMMA edge and the I-pac to the RPi USB. It all depends on what's been done to get to the point your cab is currently at.

You will also most likely need to adjust the inputs in the various emulators to suit.

KecilScott
Community Member
Community Member

Re: RaspberryJAMMA and 4P cabinet

Post by KecilScott » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks Dee2er, much appreciated. My IPAC is a PS2 version, I will find a PS2 to USB (or wire one following the guide on ultimarc) and see if I can get it working via USB. If so, will be looking to pick up a RaspberryJAMMA