Vertical and Cocktail Cabinet

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Vertical and Cocktail Cabinet

Post by dee2eR » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am

Have you tried adjusting the monitor? Some have auto adjust or some settings that can be adjusted through a menu.

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by guntherm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:23 pm

It auto switches resolution.

I don’t understand why it went from 1440x240 and them when I went to hi res. It’s now 640x480

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:06 am

It is possible the monitor is misreporting 480i as 240p, they are electrically almost identical and modern monitors arn't really designed for low res. Curiously, in my experience they normally report 480i, even for 240p signals - but they're all different...

When you swap to high res mode it is supposed to use 480p. In arcade terms high res is 480p, in PC terms it's regular old VGA (640x480).

Did you try to adjust the picture position via the monitors controls? (The position, not the resolution.) Also what model is your monitor? - maybe looking it up would give me some ideas.

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by guntherm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 am

Sir,

Thank you thank you.

After getting your software into Hi-res.. And you kindly reminding me that hi-res for those older days is 640x480. I had to tell monitor to do Auto in both main screen and once I got to one game seems to correct it all. When I hit auto on the monitor just on main menu the game was still off. Hit Auto twice in the game got it to finally readjust the game to be within the monitor correctly.

One other question. I was in the Tab menu's and I went to adjust my joystick controls to make next game, previous game next page, previous page to be next game-Joy Right, previous-Joy Left, and Previous page-Joy Up, and Next page-Joy Down. It seems to have some weird affects. I can't go back into menu's and move around anymore. I have to use a keyboard to go up and down..

So my question is, which config file is that set in? and Is there a way I can do the above without affect the joystick in the menu's?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:33 am

There's actually 2 sets of controls in that menu that do the same thing but the top set (up, down, left, right)is also the main control scheme for all of Attract-Mode (including its config menus). There's a second set further down that has next game, previous game etc. as separate control options. You can disable the next game etc functions of the main up, down, left, right controls when you set them separately as next game, previous game etc.

Sounds confusing but if you go into the Attract-Mode menus using the keyboard it should make sense if you look down the list of control options.

There's also a config file for (that instance of) Attract-Mode in /home/pi/.attract/ (I forget what the file is called offhand).

I'm happy you have got it going on your monitor properly.