ARpiCADE 3.84 is now available

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ARpiCADE 3.84 is now available

Post by gt7766c » Tue May 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank you for explaining as I'm new to mame, pi, etc but learning quickly.

mame-106 seems to be missing

This setup is for my ms. pac-man cab with the 4-way joy and 2 buttons. I'm using a rom list suggested to me by someone on KLOV and so I have a handful of games in mame-106. Maybe these will work in other mame versions but it's what was suggested and I don't see a mame-106 aml. Games such as anteater, jr paceman, polyandry, rallyx, and warp warp.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac-Man, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE  X  2
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Ah, I see. The advmame.aml file is the one you want for the MAME0.106 roms.

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by gt7766c » Tue May 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Ok. Thanks for the follow up.
Kris

Jimmyjames
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Jimmyjames » Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 am

Hello

I just got a 3 B+ Its been a while since I used the arpicade and I have a 32GB card only seems to reading 4gb total? What partition app?

Also the best set to use is the latest mame 2003? I haven't seen an updated set list for each mame set in a while and the one on the site is I think very outdated. A new list would be helpful, if its right in front of me just point it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also Im using this on a New Net City so i have both hi and low res available.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

The best instructions I've seen on resizing are found here: http://aha-forums.com/wp/2018/02/02/how ... ory-cards/

It's not super crucial which version of MAME you use in a lot of cases but to get the most out of a Pi you will probably end up using a couple of versions minimum. I generally recommend trying MAME 0.172 first, followed by AdvMAME (MAME 0.106 set). MAME 2003-plus (based on 078 set) is pretty good too and runs a few games better than other versions will (particularly Midway DCS sound stuff).

I'll try to put together a new where to run roms list soon. I didn't realise someone had kinda ruined the old one so much, unless it just didn't properly load for me.... Looks like lots of advice to use FBA for CPS2 where MAME 172 would be better and a lot of games that have no recommended emulator now where they would have when I uploaded the original...

Jimmyjames
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Jimmyjames » Thu May 23, 2019 2:46 am

Thanks
Ive been tinkering around with stuff the last few days. Just tried the VGA mode, good stuff. Looks great on the Toshiba pf. Its odd without the scan lines. I almost think 480p would look better than 240p if it had real scan lines somehow. Im not sure if its the DA or my monitor but wow the difference is stunning.

I have a ton of real arcade games so ive been doing side by side comparisons and besides a little bit more clarity they are dead on. The compatibility is definetly of on the lists and for most people they dont realize 78 is 2003. Alot of arcade enthusiast buy this and think the old version on the actual site is the newest. I didnt realize for months i had a different option. People just are not that savvy.

Its really a good product at the end of the day. I just think some updating on the actual site needs to happen and a better comprehensive list of what actually works on what with a brief description of why in laymen terms.

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by gt7766c » Fri May 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Continuing to learn and related to my previous post understand romlists. @Dee2er, I can't find /home/pi/.attact/romlists.

I'm using extFS for Mac software to view/edit the linux partition of the microSD card on my Mac. Maybe I can't see that file? I have not tried going through the actual RPI software yet.

I can see home/pi/ but then all I have listed are:
Daphne <folder>
mame172<folder>
mame203<folder>
XTerm<file>

Thank you for insights.
Kris

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 pm

I don't know Mac but you should have a setting somewhere in your file browser to be able to see hidden files. Files or folders with a dot at the start of the filename are considered hidden files.

Sorry I can't be more specific without Mac knowledge.

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by gt7766c » Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Yep. That was it. Just hidden. For anyone in the future on a Mac you press Command + Shift + Period to toggle hidden files on/off for the folder you're looking at.
Kris

gyromite69
Community Member
Community Member

Post by gyromite69 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:53 am

So I updated to the new version but the buttons are all scrambled. When I try to play Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, none of the buttons respond. I even tried to press Tab and nothing. I even wiped the SD card twice just to see if it would fix itself but no luck.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess when I have a Bluetooth keyboard connected for some reason it thinks it’s player 1. When I removed the dongle from the pi, it works normally.