ARpiCADE 3.9 available now!

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

ARpiCADE 3.9 available now!

Post by dee2eR » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:00 am

ARpiCADE 3.9!
First up: No, it doesn't support RPi4. Only works on RPi2 and all variations of the Pi3. (I still may put something together for RPi4 but at this point it will not be ARpiCADE)

That said, 3.9 has new Retroarch cores for:
(lr-vice) Commodore 64 - disk, tape and cartridge
(lr-puae) Amiga 500 (possibly A1200 too but I didn't have any files to try, no CD32 support at the moment) - 'kickstart' bios files required - only disk working for now
(lr-mgba) Game Boy
(lr-mgba) Game Boy Color
(lr-mgba) Game Boy Advance

Updated to latest version of Attract-Mode (fixing the bug where something went wrong at around 30 days of continuous use)

New images for loading, splash, etc. (the old ones are included backed up if you prefer them) the new ones are vaguely NAMCO-ish in style.

Some other not exciting Linux-y bits updated. Probably some stuff I've forgotten as I worked on this on and off for almost 6 months when I could fit it in.

If none of that appeals it's pretty similar to 3.84 and you can probably skip it if you don't like playing with updates. I had to adjust the partitions a little so sticking to 3.84 leaves more free space on the SD card for games and previews etc.

Commodore and Amiga are a bit quirky to use as they're computers that would normally have had a keyboard and plausibly other accessories, you'll probably need to adjust controls on a per game basis to make some titles work with just arcade controls and I have found a couple that I couldn't map the right button to start a game. I've resisted adding computers to the mix for years because of this but they keep getting requested (and I love C64 too).

Needs at least an 8gig SD card. If you use an 8 gig card and want some more space for games delete the video previews you don't need. If you need help resizing for bigger SD cards I recommend this guide by @FrizzleFried: http://aha-forums.com/wp/2018/02/02/how ... ory-cards/

It's about 3.5GB download, that should extract to an image just under 7.5GB. Link:
https://mega.nz/#!J8VVwS5Y!SXgR-TZnePwY ... FQf3jzAWvU

Enjoy.
Last edited by dee2eR on Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: days not hours

hulkk03
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: ARpiCADE 3.9 available now!

Post by hulkk03 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 am

I just try out the latest update. The loading front remind me of Tekken font. That's much cooler! I also try out gameboy, gameboy color and GBA and all work great! I enjoy play game on GB emulator.

Seem like the joystick shortcut bug still there in MAME .78. So yea, I did fix it by following your guide in 3.84 update thread.

Hope one day you add DOS emulator, so I can play DOOM on my cabinet.
Last edited by hulkk03 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:42 am

That's annoying, I'm sure I checked for that shortcut bug. Will have to have another look at it, maybe I tested on a game that had a customized config or something.

You can run Doom without a DOS emulator these days, it's been ported to pretty much everything at this point. That said it's not built into ARpiCADE... this is the first time it's been requested I think.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Has anyone else had the download cut off when it's nearly complete and ask for money to finish? I had a report of it happening in another thread. If MEGA is doing that I will need to start uploading elsewhere as holding files hostage is not cool.

hulkk03
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by hulkk03 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:18 pm

dee2eR wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:52 pm
Has anyone else had the download cut off when it's nearly complete and ask for money to finish? I had a report of it happening in another thread. If MEGA is doing that I will need to start uploading elsewhere as holding files hostage is not cool.
Actually I had that from couple month ago when I try to download firmware. Didn't complete download until day later. It's annoying and Stupid free time trial.

nolazybits
Community Member
Community Member

Post by nolazybits » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 am

This is where torrenting might be actually good...
I would happily always seed. I have a theoretical 500Mb/s upload connection.

We could also use something like https://syncthing.net/
Free and open source decentralized "continuous file synchronization program"

This also mean people will get the updates as they come in their folder :)

spazmoid
Community Member
Community Member

Post by spazmoid » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm

Nice update - double dragon on the GBA is a treat

Chiraz
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Chiraz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:53 am

Support for Streets of Rage remake is needed :-)

sachapr
Community Member
Community Member

Post by sachapr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:25 am

Good afternoon,

I am using Arpicade 3.9, allmost all the roms at mame 0.78 but I am using some roms at 0.139 and it is strange but when you press 2nd button in the cabinet it resets the game. I have not changed anything about the controls and it is not hapenning in other mame versions.
Is there anyway to assign this button correctly at mame 0.139? I have taken a look to mame general controls through "tab" menu and retroarch through "f1" menu but I have not seen anything strange.

Thank you very much!!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 am

I use 139 as little as possible, it's by far the most buggy MAME version on ARpiCADE. I'll through some roms in it and see if I can figure it out.

Pretty sure i only use 139 for 2 or 3 games...