ARpiCADE 3.X (that's a ten, I thought 10 may be confusing...)

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ARpiCADE 3.X (that's a ten, I thought 10 may be confusing...)

Post by gt7766c » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 am

Understoood that a clean build is best.

I mainly want to retain all my mame button settings. I’m running 4-player games only on one sd card and have another sd card for 2-player games where I’ve configured mame to work with control panel players 2&3 as players 1&2.

Some settings at the emulator level and some at the game level. I only use mame and arcade games. Plus attractmode settings.

Can you help me identify which files to copy over to retain those settings? I’ve always wondered where individual mame game configuration settings were saved.

I can back up my image and try this with some help identifying what to move over.

Thanks again for all you do dee2er. You continually advance your product and support all. Great product with great service!
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac-Man, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE  X  2
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:11 am

Dee2er I think this is the PlayStation fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=160IoQ ... PTbKkukQCE

NeoSurfer
Community Member
Community Member

Post by NeoSurfer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:43 pm

Cool Factor,

Thanks for your input too...So can I adjust the Screen Resolution from the system menu for solely playstation games? Or does the playstation code need to be edited? Saw your link and am not sure where I would copy and paste that code!!!

The monitor setup is an original 32" Arcade Legends set as Low RES. I have an ArPiCade JAMA connector to a Pi 3B+ running the NEW 3.X ArPIcade!

Thanks for all input!

Neo-Surfer

triggerhappy
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by triggerhappy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Moon Patrol is the only game I have noticed so far that launches in AdvMAME 3.9. However, the aspect appears to be (mis)configured for horizontal screens, unlike all my other arcade ROMs, which are rotated appropriately for my vertical (480p) display.

How can I rotate games in AdvMAME 3.9 for vertical aspect?

triggerhappy
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by triggerhappy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 pm

In case it wasn't clear, my monitor is physically mounted in a vertical orientation, and what I'm saying is Moon Patrol is displaying in its native horizontal aspect under AdvMAME 3.9, unlike the other horizontal-aspect games I have tested under 0.106, which automatically rotate 90 degrees so as to be playable on my vertical display.

How would I configure Moon Patrol to run under AdvMAME 3.9 in this way?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:16 am

not sure re. AdvMAME 3.9, vert screen and Moon Patrol. I'll have to take a look.

Moon Patrol should run great in MAME 172, I'd move it there rather than worry about the Adv 3.9 settings for now.

triggerhappy
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by triggerhappy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:54 am

Cool, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Fwiw, I don't have any compelling reason to run Moon Patrol under AdvMAME 3.9. I had just placed the ROM in the mame-106 dir per the ROM Compatibility List, and AdvMAME 3.9 is the emulator that loads when I launch the game.

Might be something to look into tho, since 3.9 as currently configured in the ARpiCADE 3.X release does not appear to handle horizontal games in vertical mode the same as 0.106.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 am

vertical monitor AdvMAME 3.9 fix added to first post. Turns out I hadn't put in the rotation logic for Adv3.9.... my bad.

On a Pi3 as far as I'm aware the games that need to be in the nosdl array work well in MAME172 and I would recommend people run them there instead of AdvMAME generally whenever possible (unless there's a reason not to).

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:08 am

cool_factor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:11 am
Dee2er I think this is the PlayStation fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=160IoQ ... PTbKkukQCE
thanks cool_factor I've added it to the first post of the thread.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 am

gt7766c wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:49 am
I mainly want to retain all my mame button settings. I’m running 4-player games only on one sd card and have another sd card for 2-player games where I’ve configured mame to work with control panel players 2&3 as players 1&2.

Some settings at the emulator level and some at the game level. I only use mame and arcade games. Plus attractmode settings.

Can you help me identify which files to copy over to retain those settings? I’ve always wondered where individual mame game configuration settings were saved.

I can back up my image and try this with some help identifying what to move over.
To copy MAME control settings and high scores to the new build you will need to be able to access the 2nd partition of the SD card. Assuming you have access to it, I think the files/folders you will want to copy over will be:
/home/pi/mame172/hi/
/home/pi/mame172/cfg/
/home/pi/mame203/hi/
/home/pi/mame203/cfg/
/home/pi/.advance/hi/
(advmame control configs are stored in /home/pi/.advance/advmame.rc but I wouldn't copy the whole file into ARpiCADE 3.X without backing up the one that's there now as I can't remember if I changed it for 3.X)
/home/pi/.mame078/mame2003-plus/hi/ *retroarch based MAME, not sure if this will work - prob...
/home/pi/.mame078/mame2003-plus/cfg/ *retroarch based MAME, not sure if this will work - probably will
Attract-Mode configs are in /home/pi/.attract/ (not sure which files you may want for Attract-Mode or if it's a good idea to copy them over from older versions of ARpiCADE, if you're backed up I guess it can't hurt to try...

I hope that helps.