ARpiCADE 4.3 (for RPi4)

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Re: ARpiCADE 4.3 (for RPi4)

Post by cool_factor » Thu May 20, 2021 4:14 am

I sent it via email and the service is called "wetransfer"

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 20, 2021 7:32 am

cool_factor wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:14 am
I sent it via email and the service is called "wetransfer"
Received it.

Can't quite make out the last line after the splash... is that the one you're talking about? Looks like it could say 'Started Daily apt download activities updates unless shift key is pressed' - I think I'm going to have to do some more reading to be much help here.

Is your Pi connected to your network while in your cab? Maybe it's downloading something to the SD card and it's not finalised on the SD card when the cab is switched off... Not sure what it would be, firmware check maybe - firmware updates are supposed to be automated on the latest Raspbian but I'm not sure... I don't keep my arcade Pis on the network most of the time.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Thu May 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Not connected to network. The settings I used force it to go through all possibilities. I got the info off the net. As said I know nothing of Linux other that bits and pieces off the net. I'm going to switch it back to "auto" soon and see what happens. Also from what I found on net my micro SD cards are legit.

Firehawk
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Firehawk » Sat May 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello Deezer,

My fba controls are messed up. Probably my mistake. But I can't get them mapped correctly anymore.
Do you have a control config file or something what I can put back on the sd card to have it correctly again.

Firehawk
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Firehawk » Sun May 23, 2021 4:30 pm

I flashed my SD card again with 4.3 and did the update but the issue is still there.
The button mapping is wrong in FBA. It seems the remap configuration is wrong. For example the A button in Neo Geo games is the D button on my cab.
I changed it now myself. Also the diagnostic menu is mapped to the select button and not to start+a+b.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 25, 2021 1:33 am

Is the FBA configuration wrong for everything or just NEO GEO? The inputs for FBA were set up for a Street Fighter style control panel layout, however for games using less than 6 buttons it likes to remap due to the design of Retroarchs control system. Basically FBA is setup for SF3.

I'd recommend running NEOGEO stuff in 172 (or if overclocked use MAME 0.230 for NEOGEO). I release this doesn't actually address the issue but it is probably the best solution...

You can remap the FBA inputs on a game by game basis in RAs menus quick menu > inputs > (chenges) save for this game, but using the RA menu to remap controls is confusing at best...

Firehawk
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Firehawk » Tue May 25, 2021 8:10 am

I tested Neo geo games and Dodonpachi and there the button mapping was wrong. In Street fighter CE the button mapping is correct.
I figured out how to remap the buttons and saved it.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:45 am

Any update on the PlayStation fix (curling)? Also Data East Cobra Command ROM and CHD in 231 has sound but no sound effects (gun fire and missile fire sounds)

Cjoli
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Cjoli » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Question on booting to a game, I had my previous Pi3 version boot directly in to Streetfighter 2 as that is the cab I have it in, set this new version to do the same but when it boots to the game its shrunk to about 1/4 the screen in the bottom left. If I exit and then go back into the game its fine?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:24 am

Cjoli wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:19 pm
Question on booting to a game, I had my previous Pi3 version boot directly in to Streetfighter 2 as that is the cab I have it in, set this new version to do the same but when it boots to the game its shrunk to about 1/4 the screen in the bottom left. If I exit and then go back into the game its fine?
I'll check it out.