Any news on an update release yet?

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Any news on an update release yet?

Post by cool_factor » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:47 pm

Just checking in to see when the next release may drop, Dragons Lair fix included hopefully? Also wondering if its possible to delay the USB ports from booting right away, Ive heard its possible. The GRS flight yoke boots as JOY1 and Ive yet to figure out a way to make it a different JOY other than wait 10 seconds then plug it into the USB port and it assigns as JOY4. Ive done extensive testing and this is the only way Ive gotten it to work correctly.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Any news on an update release yet?

Post by dee2eR » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:19 am

Dragons lair fix (assuming you mean the it will only display once, not after exiting and reloading issue) is done. Also laser disc games will now will now work at 240p for the new Pi4s that can't 480i. Basically I just changed to a SDL2 port of Daphne whose name currently escapes me... the scoreboard overlay (if you use it) will look a bit different but otherwise they seem to play the same to me, from the little testing I've done.

I might just check out the 4 player RA exit bug, I thought I had it but have had a report of issues with it again, and push out the update image without doing everything else I wanted to. It's been far too long between releases and I can (probably) do little updates for the rest.

I know I keep saying it's not far off... then nothing, sorry. I don't want to make excuses but 3 times this year I've had very serious family comes first situations requiring my attention. It's been a very distracting year but ARpiCADE is not abandoned or forgotten.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:30 pm

Hypseus Singe?

No worries, Ive been diagnosed with cancer and am undergoing treatments, tinkering in my arcade room helps so looking forward to the new updates.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you beat the absolute shit out of that cancer.

Yeah, that's the one, Hypseus Singe.

flyingfistofbudha
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by flyingfistofbudha » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:51 pm

Hope things improve for the both of you
👍👍

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:00 am

riorolannn
Community Member
Community Member

Post by riorolannn » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:12 am

cool_factor wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Just checking in to see when the next release may drop, Dragons Lair fix included hopefully? Also wondering if its possible to delay the USB ports from booting right away, Ive heard its possible. The GRS flight yoke boots as JOY1 and Ive yet to figure out a way to make it a different JOY other than wait 10 seconds then plug it into the USB port and it assigns as JOY4. Ive done extensive testing and this is the only way Ive gotten it to work correctly.
Hi there,

Thanks for the info! Excited about the upcoming release. Your USB workaround sounds smart – I'm new here, so it's cool to see folks finding unique solutions. Looking forward to more tips from the community