ARpiCADE_4 vers 3.2 (AKA ARpiCADE 4.3.2) - for Pi4 only

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

ottovp
Community Member
Community Member

Re: ARpiCADE_4 vers 3.2 (AKA ARpiCADE 4.3.2) - for Pi4 only

Post by ottovp » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm

is there any button/whatnot how to go on a prompt console (fyi i normally use on pi ctrl+alt+F%number%)?
i need to enable SSH and WiFi

on a sidenote: (pi4 + 28" CRT)
if i put to 240p i get smooth attract mode no flickering but weird spacing
pic:

game runs smoothly and fine.

if i go with standard low res conf i get a flickering but games run fine

ty

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: ARpiCADE_4 vers 3.2 (AKA ARpiCADE 4.3.2) - for Pi4 only

Post by dee2eR » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:35 pm

f4 should exit the menu to the service menu and f4 again (and confirm) to exit the service menu to the command prompt.

If you want to use 240p for menus some themes are more readable than others. Really comes down to how the layout itself is made. From memory the default theme (Attrac-Man) that you're using is built using medium res sort of size (360p or similar) so you're loosing about 1/3 of the picture info scaling it down to 240p. You will also notice some lines of text are thicker than others for the same reason.

Booting in 480i (the default setting) or 240p won't change most of the games, they'l run in 240p/256p/288p (whichever suits the original hardware and at various framerates) - except games that used 480i originally and rotated games. Mostly the menus (and the console) are affected by the change. The interlace flickering comes down to the monitor in use, some are much better at interlacing than others and also the person viewing it, some people are more sensitive to it than others. My PVM is great with interlacing but I've seen some shockingly flickery monitors too...