ARpiCADE 3.82 Release!

Latest on ARpiCADE new releases, release notes, and history of previous versions.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: ARpiCADE 3.82 Release!

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 am

WiiKnee wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:19 pm
Loving my Arpicade so far - have installed one in both my vertical and horizontal cabs.

I'm learning a ton about the nuances of the hardware and different mame versions. I've installed a spinner on my vertical cab and a trackball on my horizontal. I feel like a kid in the early 80's at the arcade again :D

It has been a very, very long time since I have messed around with emulators and I have one big question about console emulation on the Arpicade (I've searched and searched and can't find an answer); I assume for NES games, 3.82 is using NEStopia. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get save/load states to work. I can bring up the menus with my attached keyboard but I must be doing something wrong or it just isn't possible to access save/load states with Arpicade. The emulator acts as if the ROMS are in a read only directory (my best guess, anyhow).

Any help to set me in the right direction would be awesome!!

Thanks!
unfortunately as far as the emulator is concerned the roms are in a read only directory. When mounted on the Pi the /boot directory is owned by root.

It should be possible to get save states working though, you would just need to set up a directory for it to use in the home folder somewhere (I would recommend using the /home/pi/.config/retroarch/ folder as all the Retroarch stuff is in there). You will also want to make sure there's enough free space for as many save states as you may use (prob not an issue for NES stuff) as if you try to write more than can fit to an SD card things start to go wrong.

I haven't really used save states at all but I can have a look at it for the next release (I am assuming the process will be the same as getting memory cards to work in the Playstation emulator which I did a while back but can't remember the steps offhand to write them down for you now).

WiiKnee
Community Member
Community Member

Post by WiiKnee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info dee2er! My suspicions were correct about the read only directory.

I'm surprised I couldn't find any posts about console emulators being in a read only directory. I guess that means there must not be any significant demand for console save states so perhaps not worth your time to code it into the next release.

Thanks for setting me in the right direction. I'll focus on getting the NES working path in a R/W directory!

segaman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by segaman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi, will there be another release this year?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 am

segaman wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm
Probably, I try not to promise anything though as it's just me working on it all for the most part. I'm not counting the soon to be released 4 player version as it's a modified version of the current ARpiCADE but after that I was going to combine them both so it's all switchable off one build - that's what I would consider the next release...

Any particular features you are waiting on?

Fletcher
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Fletcher » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:29 am

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same problem. I'm also playing on an Astro, not that I think that would make any difference.

mR_CaESaR wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:44 am
Selected any vertical option from the service menu (except high resolution) and it was the same result with the same games.. Albeit upside down (didn't hash out the display_rotate=2 in the Config.txt)

Not sure what is causing this, but I'll try and figure it out eventually.

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 am

Fletcher wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:29 am
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same problem. I'm also playing on an Astro, not that I think that would make any difference.

mR_CaESaR wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:44 am
Selected any vertical option from the service menu (except high resolution) and it was the same result with the same games.. Albeit upside down (didn't hash out the display_rotate=2 in the Config.txt)

Not sure what is causing this, but I'll try and figure it out eventually.
Been a while since I've been here! :)

No I never figured it out, I stuck with the 3.81 release.

I'm in the process of moving away from the RaspberryJAMMA and slowly migrating to a groovymame setup - I've already done it for my horizontal cab, but haven't yet for my vertical cab as things are currently working properly on that and I seem to constantly have new projects :D :D

Fletcher
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Fletcher » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm

mR_CaESaR wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 am
Been a while since I've been here! :)

No I never figured it out, I stuck with the 3.81 release.

I'm in the process of moving away from the RaspberryJAMMA and slowly migrating to a groovymame setup - I've already done it for my horizontal cab, but haven't yet for my vertical cab as things are currently working properly on that and I seem to constantly have new projects :D :D
I'm using a Pi 3 B+ and none of the earlier releases seem to work for me. That's a letdown...

segaman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by segaman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 am

dee2eR wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 am
segaman wrote:
Probably, I try not to promise anything though as it's just me working on it all for the most part. I'm not counting the soon to be released 4 player version as it's a modified version of the current ARpiCADE but after that I was going to combine them both so it's all switchable off one build - that's what I would consider the next release...

Any particular features you are waiting on?
Hi, I have the problem with ps1 games stretched, no sound on snes games, super punchout not displaying properly, hope they be fixed in next release, would live to see some n64 and Dreamcast games supported that would work with arcade setup please, thanks

Ouaibe
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Ouaibe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

segaman wrote:

Hi, I have the problem with ps1 games stretched, no sound on snes games, super punchout not displaying properly, hope they be fixed in next release, would live to see some n64 and Dreamcast games supported that would work with arcade setup please, thanks
N64 and Dreamcast are supported in Recalbox4RaspberryjammaR2

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:26 am

What spinner and trackball did you use?