Games not loading in AdvMAME

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Games not loading in AdvMAME

Post by dee2eR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:25 am

triggerhappy wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:23 pm
Oh, and also where do game-specific video settings get written?

When I save them in a game, it says they are saved to /<game_title>. However, I can't seem to locate those files anywhere.
They're just saved inside the AdvMAME config file /home/pi/.advance/advmame.rc probably at the bottom of the file. AdvMAME uses the one config file for a lot of stuff thats broken into many files in normal MAME (it may have been that way for vanilla MAME 0.106 too, I'm not sure).

ervinjason
Observer
Observer

Post by ervinjason » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Looks like there was already a commented arcade_hide statement present in /boot/launchers/ScanRoms_V007.sh designed to hide the parent ROMs in question, so I just used that. :)

Something else I've noticed is that when I launch the child ROM (Gauntlet, for example), adjust the video output resolution to fit my vertical display dimensions, and select 'Save for this game' from the menu, those settings are not preserved like they would be for other games when I exit the game and launch it again. In other words, I have to adjust the resolution every time I open the game.

Is there a way to prevent the video settings from being lost every time I exit the game?
Alight Motion on PC supports multiple layers of graphics, video, and audio for easy editing, compositing, and animations.

thomas87
Community Member
Community Member

Post by thomas87 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:48 am

ervinjason wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:20 pm
Looks like there was already a commented arcade_hide statement present in /boot/launchers/ScanRoms_V007.sh designed to hide the parent ROMs in question, so I just used that. :)

Something else I've noticed is that when I launch the child ROM (Gauntlet, for example), adjust the video output resolution to fit my vertical display dimensions, and select 'Save for this game' from the menu, those settings are not preserved like they would be for other games when I exit the game and launch it again. In other words, I have to adjust the resolution every time I open the game.

Is there a way to prevent the video settings from being lost every time I exit the game?
I create videos about different games and upload them on Youtube. Before uploading, I do some editing to make the video perfect. For this, I used Inshot Pro. It is one of the most powerful mods for editing videos and photos and the amazing thing about this mod is that we can use its all templates for free and download our edited video without a watermark.

hannan011
Observer
Observer

Post by hannan011 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:19 pm

I also Agree with this Reply.

Alight Motion on PC supports multiple layers of graphics, video, and audio for easy editing, compositing, and animations.If you want to get then go here

bigwoice
Observer
Observer

Post by bigwoice » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:39 pm

Something else I've noticed is that when I launch the child ROM (Gauntlet, for example), adjust the video output resolution to fit my dimensions, and select 'Save for this game' from the menu, those settings are not preserved like they would be for other games when I exit the game and launch it again. In other words, I have to adjust the resolution every time I open the game.

Poonam7070
Observer
Observer

Post by Poonam7070 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:02 pm

It's great to see that you were able to find a solution to hide the parent ROMs in question by using the existing commented arcade_hide statement in /boot/launchers/ScanRoms_V007.sh.

Regarding your video output resolution issue, have you tried checking if the 'Save for this game' option is enabled in the video settings menu? If it is enabled and the settings are still not being preserved, you may want to consider checking if the emulator you're using has any specific configuration settings for saving game-specific video settings.

Also, thank you for the information about Alight Motion on PC. It's good to know that it supports multiple layers of graphics, video, and audio for editing and animations.
Rd: