Kick harness pinout.

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Kick harness pinout.

Post by dee2eR » Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am

You will want dip switch 1 and 2 on and 3 and 4 off. With 3 and 4 on you have it in 6 buttons on JAMMA setting and it sounds like your buttons are grounded to pin 27 or e on the JAMMA edge.

You do not need to run a ground to each button independantly. It's not clear but it looks in one of the pictures like you have tied the grounds in to each button forcing them into an 'on' state. If under the panel all button grounds are already daisy chained you do not need to worry about grounds at all and should remove any extra grounds you may have added (it does look like it is already daisied together, most are).

Assuming the 6 button wires from the RaspberryJAMMA kick harness are connected correctly otherwise I think that should be all you need. Hope it helps.

Moosh_da_moosh
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Moosh_da_moosh » Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 am

I probably should have stated this to begin with. Before doing any work, the only thing done was with the wiring under the panel. I was not able to get any kick buttons to work with pin out being set to 1/2 on, 3/4 off. Only 1/2 off, 3/4 on and only when holding button 6 down. I tried all on but not all off as the diagram stated forcing b6 to be on was bad.

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Fri May 18, 2018 12:06 pm

You need to ground the buttons and daisy chain from an existing ground.

There is no ground on the loom. It's a pass through, that's why it would've been ideal to get a ground pin from raspberryjamma

Moosh_da_moosh
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Moosh_da_moosh » Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 pm

tyvm. i got it working now!

aaronjmill
Community Member
Community Member

Post by aaronjmill » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Hey all, sorry for the necro-bump, but is it possible to set the arpicade to 6 buttons on JAMMA and use a JNX Atlas adapter in tandem?

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 am

aaronjmill wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm
Hey all, sorry for the necro-bump, but is it possible to set the arpicade to 6 buttons on JAMMA and use a JNX Atlas adapter in tandem?
Isn't the Atlas designed for the chinese jamma? ie. to provide 6 buttons for multi game boards?

You do not require this to use 6 buttons on Jamma. The RasberryJamma with dip switches set is effectively an Atlas. Of course you still have to wire up your buttons to the JST harness it comes with and piggy back a ground point from an existing ground on your buttons.

aaronjmill
Community Member
Community Member

Post by aaronjmill » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 am

mR_CaESaR wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 am
aaronjmill wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm
Isn't the Atlas designed for the chinese jamma? ie. to provide 6 buttons for multi game boards?

You do not require this to use 6 buttons on Jamma. The RasberryJamma with dip switches set is effectively an Atlas. Of course you still have to wire up your buttons to the JST harness it comes with and piggy back a ground point from an existing ground on your buttons.
Well, my question is if I set the dips to 6 buttons on JAMMA, will that effectively make it the same pinout as the Pandora and other multigames? If that's the case, that's perfect for me since I can use my Atlas and my existing CPS2 adapter already wired to my New Astro City.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm

It should work as you hope in 6 buttons on JAMMA mode. I don't have an Atlas but I have seen others use them with RaspberryJAMMAs just fine before. It works fine with my JNX Big Red too, although that doesn't really need 6 buttons.

aaronjmill
Community Member
Community Member

Post by aaronjmill » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 am

dee2eR wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm
It should work as you hope in 6 buttons on JAMMA mode. I don't have an Atlas but I have seen others use them with RaspberryJAMMAs just fine before. It works fine with my JNX Big Red too, although that doesn't really need 6 buttons.
It worked! Kinda... Button 6 won't register. All DIP switches are on and the Atlas is set to ELF pinout, and everything is working except that one button.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 am

You'll want dips 1 and 2 OFF. See here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6UOe ... jVxSVZQbmc

With all dips ON you will have B6 stuck on permanently, which will stop it working.