Kick harness pinout.

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

MV8800
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Kick harness pinout.

Post by MV8800 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Unfortunately yes. You will also need to piggy back your ground wire from existing buttons to buttons P1 B4/5/6 and P2 B4/5/6 as there is no ground pin coming from the header.

You can get cheap crimping tools from any hardware store.

Surely you have some cat 5 cables around? They make great wire for control panels :)
Yeah, I can get a hold of a ton of CAT5. I'll definitely use that for wire and also grab a crimper.

So I'm guessing I get a 6 pin KK Molex female and some .187 female quick disconnects?

Right now I'm trying to figure out the correct size of the connector contact pins for this: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mo ... pxEALw_wcB

It shows associated products but I'm not sure which one I need.. they don't look like the ones found on a PC so I don't know if it'll work.

Can we all create a list of parts (with links) in order for someone to build this? :)

I think that would be great for this thread for n00bs like me.

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Didn't your RaspberryJamma kit come with the 6 pin connector with 6 crimps?

If not, you'd need a 6 pin. Wire it up on one end with JST female crimp and the other end will be a 0.187 quick disconnect for the active wire and then piggy back the ground wires to each other from your existing ground wire on existing buttons.

edit: 6 pin not 5 pin (I'm mixing it up with the Sanwa JLF connector)
Last edited by mR_CaESaR on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:23 am

These are the "official" Molex kick harness parts (generally they come supplied with the RaspberryJAMMA, there's a drop down choice for them on the HSS website, I tend to just through them in with all/most orders):
the housing:
http://au.element14.com/molex/22-01-206 ... a%2Fsearch
the pins:
http://au.element14.com/molex/08-50-003 ... a%2Fsearch

Not sure where you're located but realisticly you're better off buying them locally to you, these links are in Australia.

MV8800
Community Member
Community Member

Post by MV8800 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 am

Didn't your RaspberryJamma kit come with the 6 pin connector with 6 crimps?
I'm going to be honest and mention that I haven't received anything yet. I should be getting my raspberry Jamma by Thursday.
These are the "official" Molex kick harness parts (generally they come supplied with the RaspberryJAMMA, there's a drop down choice for them on the HSS website, I tend to just through them in with all/most orders):
the housing:
Sounds good, I don't recall seeing the option upon purchase, nor do I see that listed in my order confirmation. Maybe I can message HSS to confirm if a harness was packed in with my shipment?

Thank you all for your prompt responses, I appreciate it greatly.

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 am

Can't speak for HSS as I bought my directly from dee2eR :)

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I only wished there was a ground pin (making it 7) so I could create a plug and play harness for my particular cab - but it's no major issue.

MV8800
Community Member
Community Member

Post by MV8800 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 pm

So apparently I was given the option to grab a kick harness upon purchase, however I assumed it was the same as a CPS2 kick harness so I opt out. I messaged HSS to purchase one separately and he quickly got back to me and sold me one for $5 bucks shipped. Although I was ready to learn how to make the cable, I think it's better that I bought it rather than buying all these pieces and putting them together which would of costed way more.

RIJOSROBERTO
Community Member
Community Member

Post by RIJOSROBERTO » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 am

hello hope all are well does anyone one have a picture of the raspberry pi pin out something like for example the picture i am posting i know the pic is wrong but does anyone have one for this arpicade setup just for the pi board its self and how to play with those pins themselves , like if i needed to add an extra button or two thank you so much in advance ,
Attachments
raspberry pi 3 pin setup .png
raspberry pi 3 pin setup .png (198.96 KiB) Viewed 6745 times

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 am

RIJOSROBERTO wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 am
hello hope all are well does anyone one have a picture of the raspberry pi pin out something like for example the picture i am posting i know the pic is wrong but does anyone have one for this arpicade setup just for the pi board its self and how to play with those pins themselves , like if i needed to add an extra button or two thank you so much in advance ,
As per the Aussie Arcade thread:
mR_CaESaR;1172302 wrote:How many buttons do you want?

The raspberryjamma is compatible for 6 buttons and start.
RIJOSROBERTO;1172319 wrote:6 each player ?
Also does each button get their own grown ? Or one ground can only be used on two buttons ?
I need 4 buttons 1 start 1 coin 1 exit for player 1 and for player 2 , 4 buttons , 1 start , 1 coin
And of course the controllers for player 1 and 2 ,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, you need to daisy chain each button you want to a ground wire.

You don't really need coin and exit as they are already key mapped by default.

RIJOSROBERTO
Community Member
Community Member

Post by RIJOSROBERTO » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am

Oo ok , thank you , also i have a question mr_CaESar
Iam trying to upon the attract mode menu when you press yes to exit attract mode i want it to shut off instead of going to any other menu , degor said its possible if i
change /boot/run.sh so the thing that happens after exiting Attract-Mode is a shutdown/poweroff command. But within my run.sh i dont know where to place such a command or how i would write it either .

(UPDATE )

got it its
start AM > press TAB > General > Exit Command : sudo poweroff

and it turns off the pi . thank you so much every one i truly appreciate all of the help .
Attachments
861aad01c6f045ac9897b606e087fb7e.jpg
861aad01c6f045ac9897b606e087fb7e.jpg (49.14 KiB) Viewed 6728 times

Moosh_da_moosh
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Moosh_da_moosh » Fri May 18, 2018 11:30 am

If anyone is still following this thread, can you confirm if each wire needs it's own ground cable or can I do something like daisy chain the wires from P1 B4/5/6 to 1 ground wire and then the same for P2 B4/5/6?

I currently have it connected like that but tieing in to the ground wire that was going from the kick harness to the jamma harness but nothing works. Without trying to tie in to ground, it would only work when pin out set to 1/2 off, 3/4 on and button 6 was held down.

The harness under the panel already seems to be daisy chained together

Dont really know what I'm doing so any help would be appreciated.