Raspberry Pi 5 Support

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

Japan
Community Member
Community Member

Raspberry Pi 5 Support

Post by Japan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:38 am

Hi Dee2er,

Thank you for your great arpicade platform and consistent, quality support.

I was one of the first to get a Raspberry Pi 4 8gb to work with arpicade a year or more ago. Been great ever since.

I just ordered a Raspberry Pi 5 4GB this week. Hope to receive it in a week or two.

What's your stance on supporting the Raspberry Pi 5? Will you be supporting it and if so, how soon with there be a release candidate for us to test out?

And lastly, I am curious if you think it will be powerful enough to run Muchi Muchi Pork on it this time around?

Thanks much.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Raspberry Pi 5 Support

Post by dee2eR » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:52 pm

Pi5 support is coming soon. I have a pretty good beta release candidate going already, I'm more or less happy to release it for some beta testing.

If you didn't order it already, also order one of the official heatsink fan combo coolers, very cheap and basically needed for back powering via ribbon cable (ie. powing via JAMMA as we are) to keep the heat out of the ribbon cable.

I haven't played Muchi Muchi Pork (yet) but other later Cave titles I've tried definately run better than on Pi4. I'll test MMP in the next couple of days. Most of my testing has been on horizontal monitor so far, vert monitor is setup and could use some more testing.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:27 am

Had a quick look at Muchi Muchi Pork. It seems full speed on a vert monitor, almost but not constant full speed rotated on a hori monitor. Pi5 4gig, MAME 0.172

Doing the Pi5 beta release now. Should be up soon.

Japan
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Japan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:03 am

Awesome! Thank you!

I should receive mine here in the next few days hopefully.

Yes, I got the official heatsink/fan and an aftermarket metal case with it.

Should be good times here soon!

By the way, if anyone is looking for a pi5, I got mine from digikey. They were the only ones who had them in stock currently.

Here are some links to help you see who has them in stock.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/where ... berry-pi-5

https://rpilocator.com/