Hyperpie image on arpicade question

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

gyromite69
Community Member
Community Member

Hyperpie image on arpicade question

Post by gyromite69 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 pm

I was just wondering if I put an sd card with an hyperpie image on it, would the arpicade work on it?

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Hyperpie image on arpicade question

Post by mR_CaESaR » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:45 am

let's clear up some confusion....

ARpiCADE is the software that has been designed for a RaspberryJamma which is the hardware connecting the raspberry pi to a jamma compatible cabinet.

Hyperpie is a software designed for a rasperry pi using a hdmi connection.

Without a lot of customisation, you will find if you use the hyperpie image on a RaspberryJamma, you will not get a display on your screen due to the low resolution nature of a CRT cab.

If you're connecting a RaspberryJamma to an LCD screen, you'd have no need for a RaspberryJamma.

So to answer your question directly - I don't believe it will unless you modify a lot of the configuration files.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Hyperpie image on arpicade question

Post by dee2eR » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 am

You could modify HyperPie to work on RaspberryJAMMA just by changing the Pis res to 480i (240p will probably not work well with Emulation Station). You would then need to set the controls up, no idea if the mk_arcade_joystick driver is already installed but it would need to be mapped to match your arcade controls, then you would need to map the emulators. I wouldn't really recommend doing this though as everything will be running in 480i.

It would be much easier to copy whatever you want out of the HyperPie image and use it with ARpiCADE. Should you prefer not to use ARpiCADE I would recommend the Recalbox modified for RaspberryJAMMA release Ouaibe did: https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=541

There's also an old version of Retropie I modded to run at 480i with RaspberryJAMMA setup controls floating around somewhere but it's so old I wouldn't recommend it, actually I never really recommended it... lol