Games scrolling endlessly

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

SeveredOblivion
Community Member
Community Member

Games scrolling endlessly

Post by SeveredOblivion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 am

Hey all,

It's me again, I feel like a pain with all my issues. Anyway, the new problem exists with 4 games. Mortal Kombat, MKII, UMK3 and NBA Jam TE. No matter what emulator I run these games on they seem to just scroll endlessly, top to bottom. They sound fine, actually play pretty well if you can see it without getting sick. Once again, thanks for any help.

Ryan

Pic if it helps: https://imgur.com/gallery/gZoGUDS

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Games scrolling endlessly

Post by dee2eR » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 am

These few games run a very slightly different video mode than most, sounds like you need to give your monitor sync a very slight adjustment on the chassis. It will be just a very tiny tweak. There should be a sweetspot that works with all the various resolutions ARpiCADE uses.

If you're unable to find an adjustment that makes everything work I can talk you through removing that resolution and running those games at 60hz. A tiny bit of picture at the top and bottom (8 lines I think without checking it) will be lost at 60hz but otherwise without the 2 sitting next to each other you probably wouldn't notice the difference of 5 or 6hz.

SeveredOblivion
Community Member
Community Member

Post by SeveredOblivion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am

I will adjust it tonight and report back. Funny thing, the monitor and cabinet previously housed a MKII and it ran on that monitor. It's funny a real MKII pcb runs fine but the emulation doesn't.

SeveredOblivion
Community Member
Community Member

Post by SeveredOblivion » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:01 am

I got it all worked out. A slight adjustment on the V-Hold and everything is back running. Thanks again. I'm sure I'll find a new issue soon haha.