What's the RECOMMENDED Trackball and Spinner

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

What's the RECOMMENDED Trackball and Spinner

Post by cool_factor » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks.

Matt68061
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: What's the RECOMMENDED Trackball and Spinner

Post by Matt68061 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Cool,

I use this trackball (have a 3 and 2.5 inch) in my ARpiCade projects and it works great. Pretty much plug and play. May need to enable in the mame.ini and Advmame.rc files.

I am also about to purchase a USB spinner from either Groovy Game Gear or Ultimarc...will keep you posted.

It is available online, ebay, Amazon, etc... I just needed some other items and purchased from Twisted Quarter.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php ... cts_id=824

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: What's the RECOMMENDED Trackball and Spinner

Post by dee2eR » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 pm

I use a Opti-Wiz USB interface with a regular (Happ 3 inch, I think) arcade trackball (not sure on the details as it was second hand but unused when I bought the trackball).

IN GENERAL... As long as the USB protocol has been followed in the implementation any USB trackball or spinner interface should work. Anything with it's own dedicated drivers will probably be a hassle. A trackball or spinner is basically a mouse (well a spinner is half a mouse), can't remember the last mouse I had that didn't work under Linux (in fact the only mouse issues I can remember ever having is needing drivers for DOS, maybe I'm lucky...).