Monitor Questions

Hardware requests and suggestions to improve your RaspberryJAMMA experience

Moderator: dee2eR

Bubbak
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Monitor Questions

Post by Bubbak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Right now I am running a CRT monitor that has some pretty bad burn in from another game. I'm looking to replace it. Really considering one of the Vision Pro LCD monitors. Anyone tried this one with the ARpicade?

I also read somewhere about having a monitor set up screen in one of the settings menus, but I can't seem to find it now. I did the upgrade to 3.72 and still don't see it.

I was trying to get my monitor to look better at one point and I messed around with the video settings on the pi and ended up selecting the wrong setting and couldn't see the display to change it back. I ended up reformatting the card and starting over. Is there another way to recover if I select the wrong video setting?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Monitor Questions

Post by dee2eR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 am

Easiest way to recover if you happen to do that again would be plug your sd card into your PC and edit the config file there.

The service menu with the auto config options can be accessed by pressing "service" button cabside or left or right arrow on a keyboard from the game select menu.

I have no personal experience with a Vision Pro, my guess would be if it doesn't work in low res it will in high res.

Bubbak
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Bubbak » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm

OK.. Thanks for the info.

Wasn't there some info somewhere about getting the monitor test patterns to work with the RPI?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 pm

They should be available from the same service menu found in Attract-Mode.