Dual Spinners

Hardware requests and suggestions to improve your RaspberryJAMMA experience

Moderator: dee2eR

jmac
Community Member
Community Member

Dual Spinners

Post by jmac » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Hope this is the right forum for this question. Using Arpicade 3.82 how complicated is it to have dual spinners recognized for player 1 and player 2 binding. By default the player 1 spinner works good though when the cocktail mode flips to player 2 it stays on player 1 side spinner (or on occasion i have seen both spinners active input at the same time). Can someone indicate where a guy might tweak to try and get a player 1 and a second player 2 spinner bound to P1 and P2 as seperate devices. I am using a Optipac board with is a single USB connection from both Spinners (as P1 and P2 spinners on the board). In windows both spinners show up as a separate mouse (which i think is expected and desired). Looking for suggestions on how to get this working on the Arpicade Mame and advancemame emulators. Thanks guys!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Dual Spinners

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 01, 2018 1:20 am

Far from certain as I don't own any spinners, my understanding is it should work or be able to be made to work. As spinners are basically a single axis trackball it's possible depending on how it's read by the Linux kernel they're both being read as P1 inputs. Have you tried setting the inputs via AdvMAME's tab menu? There's seperate input options for p1_dialx, p1_dialy, p2_dialx and p2_dialy, by default they will all be set to auto maybe having them set up explicitly will help.

Are the spinners working properly for p1/p2 through MAME172?

No idea if it would be relevant to the OptiPAC but I think on my Optiwiz you can connect a spinner and trackball up simultaineously but one axis is shared between them. Is there different sets of inputs on the OptiPAC? If so it may be worth trying moving P1 or P2 to a different input on the OPAC if there's one available.

Wish I could be more helpful here. What you're trying to do should be possible.