Loud air raid siren sound out of speakers

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

444fox
Community Member
Community Member

Loud air raid siren sound out of speakers

Post by 444fox » Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 pm

hey I just got a jamma adapter that's been working great except for it makes a loud air raid siren type sound when the speakers are plugged in. I tested the output of the HDMI adapter with a different speaker that sending the proper sound.

Any ideas what might be going on?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Loud air raid siren sound out of speakers

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 28, 2019 12:41 am

Could be your cab is wired in stereo MVS style rather than JAMMA mono. To a casual glance both will look the same. What was in the cab previously? Does the cab have 2 speakers? (if it only has one speaker it's not likely to be wired in stereo and there could be some other issue)

If it is wired in stereo and you don't mind changing it, it should be pretty easy to convert to mono only.

444fox
Community Member
Community Member

Post by 444fox » Tue May 28, 2019 4:24 am

its a samurai showdown 2. It has stereo speakers how should Do I convert it to mono?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 30, 2019 2:47 am

Sorry it took a while to respond. The kids came home sick from school on Tues and changed my week...

Probably the easiest way to convert MVS (stereo) to JAMMA mono is to do it at the speaker end. Cut the positive wire from one speaker and the negative from the other and attach the now loose +ve wire to the now nothing vacant -ve terminal, leave the other speaker and extra wire disconnected, probably best to insulate the wire for safetys sake. Now you should have one speaker wired in mono and one not wired in.'

The other option for MVS cabs is to use a JNX Big Red adaptor or similar. Using an adaptor rather than rewiring it's easy to use the cab with either MVS or JAMMA boards PLUS you keep the cab original (assuming it is original at this point, it could have been converted from anything to anything - I have no idea....). Using an adaptor also makes it pretty easy to add a stereo amp and run the RaspberryJAMMA board in stereo - something someone on the forum did recently I think...

buverman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by buverman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Also check if the speaker wires are correctly connected to pin 10 both sides of the edge. I had the air siren sound when my speakers were wires as Pin 10 and Ground. That setup works for a lot of arcade boards specially neogeo but is non-standard and arpicade doesnt like it.