Arpicade collapsed my MVS Monitor

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

artee023
Observer
Observer

Arpicade collapsed my MVS Monitor

Post by artee023 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:53 am

Hey guys, hoping you can help me with this.

I recently purchased a MVS U4 25 Neo geo Candy Cab, and it worked with my Neo geo Slot 1 board and another jamma board. However once I connected my Arpicade combined with JNX big red adapter, the monitor suffered horizontal collapse. And now I only see is a black screen with vertical white line in the middle. The screen eventually booted, and was able to play for a few days, but after a while it collapsed again and went back to the black screen with white line. I've been told I need to fix the chasis.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, as I'm not sure if the rpi is generating too much power that it affected the voltage in the monitor?

I worry that once I get this fixed again, I wouldn't want to connect the arpicade again and this happens. Anyone else ever had similar issue?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Arpicade collapsed my MVS Monitor

Post by dee2eR » Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 am

I suspect the timing of the vertical collapse was coincidence and not to do with running a RPi based system at all. You have a 20+ year old cab that has lead a life of commercial use, it probably has at least 10s of thousands of hours on the monitor already.

Having to service/rebuild old monitors is pretty standard stuff. A chassis service should get it going properly again.