Raspberry jamma zaxxon plug

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

Sawyer10702
Community Member
Community Member

Raspberry jamma zaxxon plug

Post by Sawyer10702 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Noon here and need some direction. I purchased a raspi jamma board from highscoresaves but not sure how to install that jamma board has a slot but my zaxxon harness jamma plug is just a solid black plug 22 pins connector so not sure how this installs and don't want smoke from just rushing it any help would be appreciated cause I'm stuck!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Raspberry jamma zaxxon plug

Post by dee2eR » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:11 am

What you have there is a non JAMMA wired cab. A JAMMA connnector would have 56 pins. Zaxxon pre-dates the JAMMA standard.

There's probably Zaxxon cab to JAMMA converter harness' out there somewhere. Failing that you'd have to adjust the wiring or make an adaptor yourself.

Sawyer10702
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sawyer10702 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:34 am

Thanks for.the info I did find an adapter but now my horizontal won't hold to the right position the top of the page is in the middle of screen when I adjust the horizontal pot to get centered on screen and it becomes wavy in the corners and turned to left a bit then when I go to menu it starts moving by itself like it goes out of adjustment. Maybe I need to go in config? I got the arpicade jamma with rasppi 3 and sd card all.set up with games from highscoresaves all vertical games for my zaxxon cabinet at first there was no picture until I played with horizontal pot. Now it's just stuck.So more reading for me.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:02 am

That's odd, not sure I've heard of that before. Maybe the monitor needs a service(?). There's a couple fo things worth trying though.

You could adjust your monitor so it looks OK but the picture isn't properly on the screen. Then adjust the horizontal overscan options in config.txt to compensate for the monitor.

Or perhaps changing the video mode in the ARpiCADE service menu could help. Assuming you're on the default low res setting that uses 480i for the menu, you could try the 240p only mode so it doesn't use interlacing... I'm really not sure if that will help though.

I hope that helps.