Splitting HDMI Signal

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

coney
Community Member
Community Member

Splitting HDMI Signal

Post by coney » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:20 am

Hey there!

Got my Arpicade a bit ago and absolutely love it. Thing is AMAZING and does exactly what I wanted.

I'm a streamer and I'm looking to capture my arcade setup so I can stream it. My goal is to split the HDMI signal from my Pi. My concern is that by intercepting the HDMI setting from the Pi and putting it into the Splitter, THEN into the CRT, I run a risk of frying my monitor board. I don't want to pop any capacitors or blow anything. Already did it once when trying to get a PC in the cab, which is why I ended up with this Pi in the first place. :D

Currently, it goes:

Pi
v
Adapter
v
CRT

What I'd like to do is this:

Pi
v
HDMI Splitter
v
Adapter > CRT
Capture Card > Computer

I hope that makes sense. Are there any special considerations I might need to make?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Splitting HDMI Signal

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 am

I'm not sure how a HDMI capture card will go with the low resolutions and many different refresh rates used by ARpiCADE.

Other than that, as long as you (or the splitter, if its an active one that processes the signal) don't change the video settings I don't see why splitting HDMI would do any harm to your CRT, although I haven't tried it before so it's possible I'm wrong. As long as the extra equipment doesn't cause interference or cause the signal strength to drop significantly it *should* work (I think).

Sorry I don't have a better answer, not really my area... As far as I'm aware most arcade YouTubers just film the screens of their cabs so there may be some difficulty I don't know about.

coney
Community Member
Community Member

Post by coney » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:52 am

No problem at all, appreciate your quick response! I know it's a weird request to say the least.

I'll give it a shot and hopefully nothing bad happens. Crossed fingers.

Thanks again!

VeryApe121
Community Member
Community Member

Post by VeryApe121 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:59 am

I have an HDMI splitter coming out of the Pi. The RaspberryJAMMA is plugged into one side, and the other goes to my capture device/laptop. works like a charm, BUT, if you dont have power at the capture side, you wont see anything on your CRT/arcade cabinet.