Wiring up 4 player cab for 6 button support

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

Krmnnghia
Community Member
Community Member

Wiring up 4 player cab for 6 button support

Post by Krmnnghia » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:58 pm

Simpsons Cab with a custom 4 player layout shown in the pic below. Buttons are 3-6-6-3 and are setup so that Player 1 and 2 are in the middle.
CP Simpsons.jpg
CP Simpsons.jpg (195 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
I am at the final steps and am struggling to understand how to wire this up correctly. I currently have the factory player 3 and 4 harness plugged in to the Arpicade and it worked like that just fine before the makeover in the standard 4 player cabinet mode.
Current Config.jpg
Current Config.jpg (229.67 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Now that I have all the buttons ready to be wired, I need help on how exactly to add all the extra buttons with the open slots I have left on the harnesses. Should I scrap the factory 3/4 harnesses and just use the kick harnesses I have(see pic below) and add wires to the empty circled slots? If I do that I would essentially be using those for player 1 and 2 and not 3/4 as intended.
Cables.jpg
Cables.jpg (160.21 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Is that OK if I am going to have to reprogram everything anyway? Am I going about this all wrong? THANKS

Krmnnghia
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Wiring up 4 player cab for 6 button support

Post by Krmnnghia » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Just to update. I said screw it, bought an iPac4, reprogrammed all the button inputs and am finally using this machine. Still struggling a little with all FBA games but everything else is good to go.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Wiring up 4 player cab for 6 button support

Post by dee2eR » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:51 am

Hey, sorry I missed this post the first time around.

It's a bit late now but I'm pretty sure all you really needed was to run a kick harness for players 1 and 2 to add buttons 4 through 6, or they could have all been wired to the JAMMA edge.