Volume pot or audio amp on RaspberryJamma board broken?

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

lobdale
Community Member
Community Member

Volume pot or audio amp on RaspberryJamma board broken?

Post by lobdale » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:48 pm

I no longer get any sound from my RaspberryJamma board either when the amplifier 1/8" out is hooked into the jack (audio through cabinet) or when I hook the amplifier up to a separate headphone amp. It seems like the volume pot on the RaspberryJamma board just spins freely and doesn't affect the sound output at all, very quiet static hum when listening with headphones through separate amp turned all the way up... Any troubleshooting advice or is this a part that can be repaired /replaced?

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Volume pot or audio amp on RaspberryJamma board broken?

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:53 am

How exactly is the audio hooked up? It sounds like you have an external amp going, in which case you're probably bypassing the mono amp on the RaspberryJAMMA board - which would mean the onboard volume control would also be being bypassed and would do nothing.

I may be misunderstanding how you have it hooked up though. Or you may have just been trying other options while you were troubleshooting.... if there's never any audio coming from the DAC it's possible the DAC audio output has failed, or the cable, or maybe other(?).

If any part has failed it is repairable, I've done what I can to make the board repairable. We just need to figure out what has actually happened. Unless it has been physically damaged I'd be surprised if it's the volume pot that is causing the issue. I'm sure we can figure it out though.

lobdale
Community Member
Community Member

Post by lobdale » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:31 pm

I'm using it stock as provided, when I said amp before I meant DAC, my fault. Indeed I cannot get any audio from the DAC, either when plugged from the DAC directly into the board, or when going from the DAC out to a small headphone amp instead of the board.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:18 am

It could be the DAC has stopped outputting audio, or possibly the audio cable is the problem if you used the same cable when you tried a different amp.

If it is the DAC you can use the analog audio output of the RPi as a workaround with a quick software adjustment. Contact me via PM or email and we can organise getting you a replacement DAC.

lobdale
Community Member
Community Member

Post by lobdale » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:58 pm

Just tried it with a different male to male 1/8" stereo cable and same issue, right after confirming audio output in the cab is working properly with an original SFII PCB. I'll reach out via PM!

Thanks for all your support.

lobdale
Community Member
Community Member

Post by lobdale » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:48 pm

Sent PM but it's in outbox instead of sent... Never used PM here before. Lemme know if you didn't get it.

B