Static on monitor

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

Pyper
Community Member
Community Member

Static on monitor

Post by Pyper » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm

My monitor shows static. At first I thought it was the monitor, but it looks fine with other motherboards.
As long as it is hooked up to the arpicade, it has this static (click to see movie):
How do I fix this?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Static on monitor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:52 pm

I'm not sure what is causing that static. I haven't even had similar happen to suggest anything...

Has it developed this issue or was it always like that?

Is it possible it has anything to do with your monitor connection? I know you had a previous thread where it looked like you needed to make a wiring adaptor or similar. (it's very likely not to be the issue if other boards are OK but I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting on this one)

It maybe worth trying to squeeze the DAC into the VGA connector on the RaspberryJAMMA board in case it is not making great contact. Nothing else imediately jumps to mind.

hulkk03
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Static on monitor

Post by hulkk03 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:02 am

Pyper wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:11 pm
My monitor shows static. At first I thought it was the monitor, but it looks fine with other motherboards.
As long as it is hooked up to the arpicade, it has this static (click to see movie):
How do I fix this?
I had that problem. Not often but once a while. It only happens whenever it feels like.