no power over jamma

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

Paul mc
Community Member
Community Member

no power over jamma

Post by Paul mc » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:26 pm

hi there

have been looking over the forums and have tested the fuse and will soon replace ribbon cable and hope for some suggestions .it works great via direct power but would lover it to work over jamma can you help

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: no power over jamma

Post by dee2eR » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:18 am

What is your 5v measuring at the JAMMA edge? Except the fuse and the ribbon cable there's nothing else that should stop your 5v getting to the RPi. Assuming you haven't crushed the ribbon cable I would be surprised if it were that.

Not sure offhand what to suggest, it should definately work via JAMMA power.

Paul mc
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Paul mc » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:32 am

OK will check again replacing power supply and the harness ,the whole lot just really bought a cab and crt, if those are the only thing to search for will get to work on it and retest stuff .

thanks for the answer receiving new ribbon cable soon so hopefully will get going soon

Paul

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:42 am

If the cab is largely untested the power supply could well be in need of rebuild/replacement.

I would not jump straight to replacing the whole wiring harness unless you know it is bad. If you have the cabs original harness it is likely much better quality than most new ones you will find, cabs from the 80s and 90s used very good wire comparred to cheap looms you find online now. If you do need to replace the harness Suzo-Happ do a nice one and so does Mikes Arcade... I'm sure there are other good ones too but I've seen these two recently and they're way better than an eBay cheapy.

Paul mc
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Paul mc » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:21 am

thanks for the advice but I'm adding a button and there are a couple of dodgy button set ups but will keep it in mind if i come into trouble with it

paul

Paul mc
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Paul mc » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:00 pm

sorry for not getting back but it was the ribbon cable and works great so good will probably get another