No Display After Arpicade Loads

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

intervale
Community Member
Community Member

No Display After Arpicade Loads

Post by intervale » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:58 am

Afternoon all!

I’m having a display issue of sorts

I had everything working OK with v3.83 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ in a Sega New Astro City cabinet. I was trying out different themes in Attract Mode (with a USB keyboard attached) and selected one that was for Vertical Mode. I returned to the display menu to change it back and the whole system froze. I did a hard power down then rebooted. The Arpicade boot sequence ran normally all the way through (Arpicade, Loading, Scanning Roms Please Wait, Loading) then I got a blank screen. I couldn’t access any menus (tab, esc, F4, or L/R arrows) with the keyboard.

I formatted the card and re-imaged it but when I powered up I encountered the exact same problem. I then tried the same memory card in a Pi 2B HDMI into my TV and had the same issue.

The fact that I can see the Arpicade boot screen makes me think its not a hardware/monitor issue but it’s particularly confusing me given that it’s a clean install. Prior to this everything was working faultlessly.

Anyone have any ideas?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: No Display After Arpicade Loads

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm

After scratching my head for a while all I can come up with is have you tried a different SD card?

Sounds like you've tried a different everything else, having re-imaged and tried a different Pi (and video method). Maybe the card is damaged in some way or has corrupted, otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

I hope you get it working again. Please post any progress you make, if nothing else I'd like to know what's happened.

intervale
Community Member
Community Member

Re: No Display After Arpicade Loads

Post by intervale » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

Problem solved. As suggested by Dee I replaced the SD with a new card and downloaded a fresh image and sure enough I was back playing on the first try!

Aside from the error that was caused by the SD card I think it wasn't helped by working on a mac. For the new card I did all the extracting/formatting/installing on a mate's windows machine as I find the Disk Editor on Mac to be lacking.

Mucho thanks
:mrgreen: