All Controls Stopped Working

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: All Controls Stopped Working

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 am

OK, the software side looks like it's working... probably a hardware issue then.

Is you cab wired normal JAMMA (optionally, + kick harness) or 6 buttons on JAMMA? What settings do you have the RaspberryJAMMA dipswitches set to?

FastyMcNasty
Community Member
Community Member

Post by FastyMcNasty » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Normal jamma and a kick harness
1&2 off 3&4 off

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 am

Put dipswitches 1&2 ON, leave 3 &4 off. I think that should fix your issue as some cabs have their button grounds wired to 27/e on the JAMMA edge, with all the dipswitches in the OFF position 27/e is left floating.

FastyMcNasty
Community Member
Community Member

Post by FastyMcNasty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Sorry, my last post was a typo. 1&2 are ON.

https://ibb.co/VgHPQCg

FastyMcNasty
Community Member
Community Member

Post by FastyMcNasty » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:51 pm

So I managed to get some ROMs added back onto the attract screen, but still no controls. I can select a game with the keyboard, but nothing works in-game (including the coin mech).

Also, went ahead and tested different dip-switch settings. I had been using the normal jamma 1&2 ON 3&4 OFF (^^vv), but nothing seems to work.

All controls still work great when using an arcade board...

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 am

Not sure what is going on with your board. The joystick kernel module is running, the dipswitches are fine... when you ran jstest did you happen to wiggle the P1 joystick or press any buttons? If so was there any response on screen? Is there any sign of damage to the ribbon cable? Is the ribbon cable fully inserted? Short of track damage on the RaspberryJAMMA or the mass failing of resistors not much else can go wrong on the RJ PCB that would stop the inputs working.

Unfortunately the only other thing that I can think of is a internally failing/damaged RPi. If you have another one you can try it maybe worthwhile, would at least rule it out as the issue.

FastyMcNasty
Community Member
Community Member

Post by FastyMcNasty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Didn't get response with any of the controls when the jstest was ran.

I'll double check the ribbon and can test another Pi soon.