Arpicade in a street fighter 2

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

RichardTMNT
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Arpicade in a street fighter 2

Post by RichardTMNT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am

I don’t have the lock harness hooked up yet. So I do t expect buttons 4/5/6 to work. But buttons 1/2/3 should work as they are going thru the regular jamma harness I assume.

Buttons 1/2/3 are not working. I can’t coin up yet. Only button that works is my button to select “one player”

RichardTMNT
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by RichardTMNT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:24 am

Just coined up on street fighter 2 using the player one start and p1b1. Worked.

Tried nba jam and would not coin Up that way.

Not sure how to coin up player 2.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 am

did you get your buttons working? If so please post how in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Player 2 coin input doesn't have a shortcut in the default setup. If you have a p2 coin mech it should work, otherwise you can add a shortcut using MAMEs menus or the hotkeys system (you'd want to set the hotkey to generate a '6' keypress to match MAME standard), although the hotkeys system only works with p1 controls so for a player 2 coin shortcut you're prob better off doing it in MAME directly.

There's also a couple of other options that work well for any JAMMA cab that you want to add a coin button to:
On my main JAMMA cab I modified the coin return button on the coin door to give a credit and also modded the coin mech to give a credit for basically any coin and give the coin back.

I forget the name of it but there's also a coin button cab mod/add-on that looks like a quarter and fits to you coin door that I have heard good things about. If you don't want to use coins or don't have multiple mechs that may be an option.

I believe you can also set NBAJam to single coin chute mode in its test menu, I could be wrong there... it's been a while since I was in NBAJams test menu.

RichardTMNT
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by RichardTMNT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Ok cool! Will try tonight.
What a game list, almost overwhelming.

I will copy the image first.

Can you delete games easily? or will they still show up in the list? I find all the vertical games look like crap on this cab. Should start by delete it from those.

Do you have a trimmed down image?

Thanks!
Richard

RichardTMNT
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by RichardTMNT » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:51 am

dee2eR wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 am
did you get your buttons working? If so please post how in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Player 2 coin input doesn't have a shortcut in the default setup. If you have a p2 coin mech it should work, otherwise you can add a shortcut using MAMEs menus or the hotkeys system (you'd want to set the hotkey to generate a '6' keypress to match MAME standard), although the hotkeys system only works with p1 controls so for a player 2 coin shortcut you're prob better off doing it in MAME directly.

There's also a couple of other options that work well for any JAMMA cab that you want to add a coin button to:
On my main JAMMA cab I modified the coin return button on the coin door to give a credit and also modded the coin mech to give a credit for basically any coin and give the coin back.

I forget the name of it but there's also a coin button cab mod/add-on that looks like a quarter and fits to you coin door that I have heard good things about. If you don't want to use coins or don't have multiple mechs that may be an option.

I believe you can also set NBAJam to single coin chute mode in its test menu, I could be wrong there... it's been a while since I was in NBAJams test menu.
Also no I did not get the kick harness to work.
I tried plugging in each of the 6 wires to player 1 button 1. No luck yet.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 am

For quick edits, you can edit (including remove) games in the list by pressing 'e' on a keyboard while they're highlighted. Doing it this way the rom itself is not removed and if you have the romscanner running at startup they will be added again.

Deleting the roms you don't want is the best way to completely remove a game. If you do it this way be careful not to delete any parent roms you may need for other games to work.

RichardTMNT
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by RichardTMNT » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:38 pm

I am trying to connect a new kick harness to my Street Fighter 2 cab. I have been told to do this:

“Ensure that you have a good ground wire. I would just tap off of the top row of buttons or the joystick. Look at your top row buttons to see which lug the kick harness goes to and which lug the ground wire should be on...”

Does the ground wire need to be connected to each button 4/5/6 of player 1 and 2. Or just one button?

And what does the other end connect to?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 am

Every button and joystick direction (all digital inputs) in the cab has 2 connections, the signal and ground (also gets written as GND). Every input GND is the same so they are usually all connected together in a daisy chain. The non button end of the GND wire connects to a GND pin at the JAMMA loom.

The signals are all unique wires from the JAMMA edge and the kick harness.

For the RJ kick harness you need the signal wires from the kick harness to each connect to a unique button, all 6 of those buttons will be grounded to the other (non kick harness) buttons grounds.