No Sound

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

bimber
Community Member
Community Member

No Sound

Post by bimber » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 am

Hi, back again... Got everything straightened out video-wise and am now trying to get the sound going but have hit a snag (specifically, I’m getting none). I’m guessing there is an issue with the 7511 chip (amp?) as it has visible damage (a crack, possibly overheated?).

I did plug in a different Arp from another cab to this setup and got sound, ruling out wiring/speaker issues. Would you know where I could get a replacement IC, or if I should return the unit for repair, etc?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: No Sound

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:28 am

It does sound like the audio amp IC has popped itself open and let out the magic smoke. I've had a couple go over the years at first power up, the smoke is pretty nasty, you're lucky if you didn't get any.

I'd be very happy to fix it for you if you're happy to post it to me in Australia. Depending on your location you may prefer not to, international post is a pain.

Otherwise if you're happy to fix it yourself the chip is an AN7511 and can be found at some electronics retailers and on eBay. Most available now are generic as far as I can tell, I've been using new old stock of the now discontinued Panasonic ones (if they have the Matshuita [M] symbol on them they're the originals, new ones have no symbol). I haven't tried the new generic ones but they should work fine.

EDIT:
I could also send you the chip if you want to do the work yourself. Free AN7511 if you pay the postage.

fuzzbee
Community Member
Community Member

Post by fuzzbee » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Does the RaspberryJamma have an onboard sound amplifier?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 am

Yes, it's an an7511 by Matsushita (Panasonic)