Button Layout Help!

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

GuSH
Community Member
Community Member

Button Layout Help!

Post by GuSH » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:23 pm

I was messing around with the button layout for the test switch and erased some settings. When I try and edit the set button and push the test button it does not add it in the edit menu. What file in the memory card is this info saved in? I have the original back-up file but do not want to have to start over with everything else I changed. Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Button Layout Help!

Post by dee2eR » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:25 am

What program did you change the button in? Was it the menu or one of the emulators?

GuSH
Community Member
Community Member

Post by GuSH » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:01 am

At this point it is in all games as well as the main menu. The test button only works on most games when pressed on the 4 player adapter board.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:37 am

OK then, how did you make the change to the button? What was running when you were "messing around with the button layout for the test switch"?

It's hard to suggest a fix not knowing what you've done. I didn't even know you meant on the 4 player board until your reply... (if your cab has a test switch also it should work too if the one on the 4PA is working, they're wired the same)

Have you left the cabs physical test switch (not button, assuming the cab has the test switch) in the on position at all?

GuSH
Community Member
Community Member

Post by GuSH » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:07 pm

The change was made on the main menu test screen by accident and if I use a keyboard to try and change it from being blank to F2 key or anything else it does not change from being blank. The game test button DID work before it was changed but the test board on the 4 player board does still work correctly. The test button in the cabinet is a push button.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:00 am

Any change made in only one program shouldn't effect any other program, that's odd. The Attract-Mode frontend config files are found in /home/pi/.attract/ but it's normally much easier to just use the menu to make changes to the controls.

Is there any chance the micro switch in the button has died? It should be wired to the same input as the one on the 4 player adaptor so one working and not the other is odd too. It may be worth trying touching the test button wires together manually in case the switch is the issue.